Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
After my picture taking excursion to Lehigh, I had to make a quick pit stop on my way home and Speedway was convenient, so I pulled in there and parked. Ran in, took care of business, bought a bottle of water and bag of chips and went back to my car. I should explain that I’ve gotten about as much attention as if I was driving A 2016 Focus SE so far (nobody’s given my car a second glance or asked about it). I’m beginning to back out of my space and I notice the guy in the car next to me (very early 20s, at most, driving some nice shiny blue 4 door Asian car, with shiny aftermarket rims, low profile tires, large exhaust, etc) leaning out his drivers side window taking pictures. I stop and roll down my window, and say hi. He asks what kind of car it is. I tell him it’s a a Mustang Mach E (I ALWAYS call my car a MUSTANG Mach E, never just a Mach E). And he keeps raving about how amazing it looks. He really loved the looks, the interior, everything about the car. I tossed out the 4.8, 3.8, and 3.5 0-60 numbers at him and he was impressed. He wanted to know if they were available yet and I told him that not really, but I thought the local Allentown dealer might have one to test drive.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
After my picture taking excursion to Lehigh, I had to make a quick pit stop on my way home and Speedway was convenient, so I pulled in there and parked. Ran in, took care of business, bought a bottle of water and bag of chips and went back to my car. I should explain that I’ve gotten about as much attention as if I was driving A 2016 Focus SE so far (nobody’s given my car a second glance or asked about it). I’m beginning to back out of my space and I notice the guy in the car next to me (very early 20s, at most, driving some nice shiny blue 4 door Asian car, with shiny aftermarket rims, low profile tires, large exhaust, etc) leaning out his drivers side window taking pictures. I stop and roll down my window, and say hi. He asks what kind of car it is. I tell him it’s a a Mustang Mach E (I ALWAYS call my car a MUSTANG Mach E, never just a Mach E). And he keeps raving about how amazing it looks. He really loved the looks, the interior, everything about the car. I tossed out the 4.8, 3.8, and 3.5 0-60 numbers at him and he was impressed. He wanted to know if they were available yet and I told him that not really, but I thought the local Allentown dealer might have one to test drive.
"for gawk or play, we're on your way - the convenience stores of ... Speedway!"

D’Roc

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E SR eAWD
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Oops. I initially read the title as you took your MME to a Track. I was confused until the end of your story and it registered Speedway *the Store*.
Oh well. Since the MME engineers benchmarked the Macan while designing the MME, I figure sooner or later someone will take theirs to a Track and write about it.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Oops. I initially read the title as you took your MME to a Track. I was confused until the end of your story and it registered Speedway *the Store*.
Oh well. Since the MME engineers benchmarked the Macan while designing the MME, I figure sooner or later someone will take theirs to a Track and write about it.
Hahaha I actually thought about that when I wrote the title but I figured people would have remembered the explanation from the KC Speedway thread ? Anyway, I’m probably one of the last people you’d want driving on a track. Way back when I had my Miata, the Miata club of America hat a meet at the Daytona international speedway and they had an arrangement where you could take your car on the track! I didn’t go. I believe you were only allowed to drive on the infield as you have to maintain a speed of 70 or 90 (I forget which) to stay on the banked turns.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Cool, except for you calling it a Mustang :) hahaha
It IS a Mustang! Bill Ford says so, and I’m going with what the guy who’s name is on the car says! Besides, I have the picture of it in front of Iacocca Hall - what more do you want ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Cool, except for you calling it a Mustang :) hahaha
It has ponies on it! That restricts its name to “Horsie,” “Burro,” “Mule,” “Donkey,” “Jenny” “Jackass,” “Pony” “Miniature Pony” or “Mustang.” Duh. ;)
the convenience stores of ... Speedway!"
Ok I’ve been on this rock far too long. When I started reading the op post, I was thinking he swung by KC speedway to check on things and was thinking, “Of course nobody there cared, they’ve had like millions of MUSTANG Mach-e’s parked there.” I was very disappointed in the outcome. ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Haha ... of course not! I also don’t roll coal ???
Actually, since you live in PA your Mustang Mach E is literally rolling coal whenever it drives ?
Sponsored