epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
With the assistance of the ford engineers over the phone, today‘s attempt at reprogramming did not fix it. Apparently they now have to fly someone out
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Same issue here. I have BlueCruise available until October 2022 (Thought it was suppose to be one free year?). Even though I just got the update from the dealer last week. I get the prompt that it's available but it's just the normal cruise where I have to keep my hands on.
BlueCruise requires current maps. Maps update twice a year. That’s likely the next updated time. Check your subscription status on the Ford Connected Services website.

Ben C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
With the assistance of the ford engineers over the phone, today‘s attempt at reprogramming did not fix it. Apparently they now have to fly someone out
We’ll that’s not good news. I’m going into dealer tomorrow morning. Hoping to get some info.

OP
OP

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
So the service person spoke to ford. They ordered a new driver facing camera. Once that arrives and installed we will see if it gets things working.

OP
OP

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag

Ben C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Any news?
My dealer got the same recommendation this morning—to replace the driver facing camera. Will take 3-5 days for part to arrive. It makes sense as a possible solution. Crossing my fingers. How long do you have to wait for the part?

OP
OP

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
My dealer got the same recommendation this morning—to replace the driver facing camera. Will take 3-5 days for part to arrive. It makes sense as a possible solution. Crossing my fingers. How long do you have to wait for the part?
the order was placed on Thursday I think and is supposed to be in tomorrow.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I checked the route I drove last week to Death Valley and it looks like the FP Map shows US-395 in pink. It definitely wasn't hands free anywhere along the stretch I drove.
I guess we will see these issues pop up more as more users get BC - Ford will have to come up with better explanation of whether pink on a map is BC route or when it kicks in.
Did you guys notice that you are profile pic buddies?

But back to the topic, unfortunately the pink lines have nothing to do with BlueCruise - that is the default rendering on HERE branded maps for "motorways" aka divided highways. So while most pink lines will have BlueCruise, because BlueCruise is only for divided highways, there is no connection between the coloring and BC coverage.

I do hope we get some "real" BlueCruise maps soon, it is very hard to tell what you should expect as a user, and people might want to know what is actually available near their homes and commutes.

OP
OP

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Well, they got the camera installed and not the fix. They told me they talked to Ford and they are contacting the ford rep working with me as well. Basically Ford had responded with a message that says there is no known fix and they are basically looking at trial and error. It does sound like there are a few cars out there with the same reported issues. I told them I would like to see about getting my car back and letting them do the trial and error with someone else's car.

I just really hope that @Ford Motor Company , when they finally get this fixed, makes right on the subscription time too. I am 3 months into a 3 year subscription for Blue Cruise with 0 working days and no end in sight.

Ben C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Well, they got the camera installed and not the fix. They told me they talked to Ford and they are contacting the ford rep working with me as well. Basically Ford had responded with a message that says there is no known fix and they are basically looking at trial and error. It does sound like there are a few cars out there with the same reported issues. I told them I would like to see about getting my car back and letting them do the trial and error with someone else's car.

I just really hope that @Ford Motor Company , when they finally get this fixed, makes right on the subscription time too. I am 3 months into a 3 year subscription for Blue Cruise with 0 working days and no end in sight.
Aw man, I was really hoping that would be the fix.

OP
OP

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
@Ben C any news on your end?

OP
OP

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Not yet. Turns out they ordered the wrong part. Car’s been at the dealer for a week now. Still waiting. You?
I’m waiting for them to find a fix. I took my car back. I will live without for now but keep following up for a fix.

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
Not helpful to anyone here, but I wish I could roll back the updates done to my early access Job 1 car to get rid of blue cruise. I do not like that the eye-tracking cameras are on for regular lane-centering when they weren't before. I have a pair of prescription sunglasses that the camera cannot see through reliably. Basically makes every drive super frustrating.

I was so excited to get BC, but now I am frustrated.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
So finally got my car in to the dealer, they had it Fri-today. Updated everything, and still hands on only, not true hands free bluecruise. They escalated a couple times with Ford engineering, they gave me the car back in the meantime while they try to figure out what to try next.

My Sync is still on revision 279, and I thought the recent updates for bluecruise brought it up to at least 364, so dunno if something is not really updating correctly in the car or what.
Sponsored