epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
I have a 2021 Job 2 Premium AWD ER that was built in late December. According to everything I have Blue Cruise. The question is do I? It is entirely possible that my issues could stem from local roads and blue cruise mapping, but I am curious. I live in the Las Vegas, NV area.

When I get on the segments of the local highways (I-215 or I-15) that I drive I do get the activation pop-up that says blue cruise is available. When I engage cruise control with lane keeping I get the bubble around the car on the display. I can let go and it makes curves, etc., but I can't let go for more than 15-20 seconds before getting a prompt.

When I look at the other posts of blue cruise engaged they do look different. The display turns blue and there is a steering wheel in the display. I have never seen this on my car. Is it just my roads and the lack of mapping or is it a setting I need to adjust? Or am I short an update?

Anyone have an explanation?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Have you gone into the intelligent cruise control settings and made sure everything is turned on?

Go into Settings->Driver Assist->Cruise Control. Is there a setting "Lane Keeping with Hands Free"? Is it on?

OP
OP

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Have you gone into the intelligent cruise control settings and made sure everything is turned on?

Go into Settings->Driver Assist->Cruise Control. Is there a setting "Lane Keeping with Hands Free"? Is it on?
yes
Ford Mustang Mach-E So when is Blue Cruise not Blue Cruise? B24D281F-3725-45B4-9BDD-F55D7030E365

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You won't see the Hand Free steering wheel logo thing if anything else is occupying that space, such as a navigation step.

The thing you can always rely upon is the lane departure/centering logo near the odometer. If it is blue, you're in a hands free driving zone. If it is any other color (green, gray, orange, black), then you're hands on driving.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You have to be on a piece of highway that is BlueCruise-enabled. Otherwise, it's just adaptive cruise with lane centering. When it shows you the wheel without hands on it, you're good.

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2006 Mustang GT, 2018 Buick Regal GS
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
My recommendation (per suggestion of @generaltso and @macchiaz-o ) is to turn off the Activation Prompt and make lane keep assist is on (the steering wheel version). With those settings, the car will enter/exit Blue Cruise mode automatically. My problem was that I had the lane keep assist off (the steering wheel version) and with that off, I would get the BC prompt but then it would go away after a few seconds. I think the secret sauce here is for lane keep to be on both in the screen settings and on the steering wheel.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My recommendation (per suggestion of @generaltso and @macchiaz-o ) is to turn off the Activation Prompt and make lane keep assist is on (the steering wheel version). With those settings, the car will enter/exit Blue Cruise mode automatically. My problem was that I had the lane keep assist off (the steering wheel version) and with that off, I would get the BC prompt but then it would go away after a few seconds. I think the secret sauce here is for lane keep to be on both in the screen settings and on the steering wheel.
Yep. And yes I agree with you, the center display enablement of lane keep is super confusing since it's also on the wheel and they do different things.

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
Yep. And yes I agree with you, the center display enablement of lane keep is super confusing since it's also on the wheel and they do different things.
Correct, I should clarify, it's lane centering and not lane keep as I misstated. Lane centering needs to be on (in both spots) in order for BC to work seamlessly. I had it turned off on the steering wheel as the parking assist warnings go bonkers when I pull in the garage with it on, when it is off I can pull in quietly until I almost hit something (like my toolbox, which I have whacked once).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I had it turned off on the steering wheel as the parking assist warnings go bonkers when I pull in the garage with it on, when it is off I can pull in quietly until I almost hit something (like my toolbox, which I have whacked once).
Turning off Lane Centering turns off the parking sensors?

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
I have a 2021 Job 2 Premium AWD ER that was built in late December. According to everything I have Blue Cruise. The question is do I? It is entirely possible that my issues could stem from local roads and blue cruise mapping, but I am curious. I live in the Las Vegas, NV area.

When I get on the segments of the local highways (I-215 or I-15) that I drive I do get the activation pop-up that says blue cruise is available. When I engage cruise control with lane keeping I get the bubble around the car on the display. I can let go and it makes curves, etc., but I can't let go for more than 15-20 seconds before getting a prompt.

When I look at the other posts of blue cruise engaged they do look different. The display turns blue and there is a steering wheel in the display. I have never seen this on my car. Is it just my roads and the lack of mapping or is it a setting I need to adjust? Or am I short an update?

Have you activated the "lane centering" feature? Required for "hands free" and separate from adaptive cruise control.

Ford Mustang Mach-E So when is Blue Cruise not Blue Cruise? Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 8.05.27 AM

Have you activated the "lane centering" feature?

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
Turning off Lane Centering turns off the parking sensors?
Oddly enough, I thought that was the purpose of the button (ha). It comes in handy, for example, when in a drive through (grabbing a burger), the car beeps if I am too close to the wall. Press the button and away goes the warnings.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag

Possible those highways are not BlueCruise capable yet? I believe even just turning on Cruise Control on a Job 2 car will flash the “BlueCruise is available” message. It’s very misleading and poor execution by Ford.

In the FordPass app, go to Map and see if your local highways have a pinkish line on them. If so, that supposedly means it is BlueCruise capable. If not, then keep your hands on the wheel! ?

Only time BlueCruise is actually activated is when the hands free icon pops up and the wholeee cluster is blue.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oddly enough, I thought that was the purpose of the button (ha). It comes in handy, for example, when in a drive through (grabbing a burger), the car beeps if I am too close to the wall. Press the button and away goes the warnings.
I'll have to do some testing, but I don't think they're supposed to be related. Lane Centering uses the camera at the top of the windshield, and the parking sensors are the little sonar circles in the bumpers.

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
I'll have to do some testing, but I don't think they're supposed to be related. Lane Centering uses the camera at the top of the windshield, and the parking sensors are the little sonar circles in the bumpers.
It works the same way in my Buick Regal... beeping in line at the drive thru? turn off lane centering and it stops beeping. Magical

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It works the same way in my Buick Regal... beeping in line at the drive thru? turn off lane centering and it stops beeping. Magical
I just tried it pulling in and out of my garage. The parking sensors behaved exactly the same with lane centering on or off.
Sponsored