OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Find the Volta station you’re referring to on plugshare and post the link here. There may be more specific instructions that are helpful.
It’s not on PlugShare.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: I downloaded the Volta app and looked at the parking lot where I tried to charge. It shows that both units are out of service. So it’s comforting to know that it wasn’t me! I guess the Tesla owner knew that but decided to leave the car plugged in so he/she didn’t have to look for another parking spot.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I can add more information here since we have Voltas near me including DCFC free, which I thought was too good to be true so I looked at all the Volta FAQs

• All Volta L2's appear to be free, no app needed, just plug it into your car
  • All Volta L3/DCFC/CCS must check in on the VOLTA app (not any others) by following the 3 steps on the side of the charger, in the proper order
    • The L3's are either free (for 30 minutes) or have a rate, depending on what they have negotiated with the shipping center or utility
    • Payment is via the Volta app (if not a free one) where you added some payment type
Not all Voltas show up in other apps (the 2 near me show up in Plugshare but not Chargehub for example) but they ALL show up on Volta. Volta app also lets you sign in using your google account which makes it easy to pay through whatever was pre setup in google pay.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Update: I downloaded the Volta app and looked at the parking lot where I tried to charge. It shows that both units are out of service. So it’s comforting to know that it wasn’t me! I guess the Tesla owner knew that but decided to leave the car plugged in so he/she didn’t have to look for another parking spot.
I encourage you to enter them into plug share and list them a broken.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I find they are often broken. Totally used and abused because they are free, and landlord probably doesn’t care that much to stay on top of it since no direct revenue coming in from them.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I encourage you to enter them into plug share and list them a broken.
How does info about charging stations typically get into PlugShare? Is it all user based or do companies like EA enter their charger info there? One potential downside of my putting it in is accuracy; if that charger gets fixed I may not know about it for some time so it could mislead those who rely on PlugShare for timely info. I would have to rely on the community to help but it seems like no one has bothered to put these chargers into the system in the first place so I’m not sure how well that approach is working here.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How does info about charging stations typically get into PlugShare? Is it all user based or do companies like EA enter their charger info there? One potential downside of my putting it in is accuracy; if that charger gets fixed I may not know about it for some time so it could mislead those who rely on PlugShare for timely info. I would have to rely on the community to help but it seems like no one has bothered to put these chargers into the system in the first place so I’m not sure how well that approach is working here.
Users can enter new stations, usually you put one in as "Coming Soon", if it is not operational yet. I just added this new EVGO site in Goodyear AZ on Plugshare:

https://www.plugshare.com/location/426483

And earlier this year I added this one in Surprise AZ, and since then someone else reported it operational:

https://www.plugshare.com/location/363329

Once you enter the location, Plugshare will confirm the exact address and description. You also can report as open, then they will toggle the status. For EA, they will put up specific messages when new stations open, or if they are down for maintenance.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I know it’s off the subject but:

at my timeshare in Poconos I used a SemaConnect charger that was on the property. It added 18 miles per hour which means it’s equivalent to the mobile charger at 240v.

Cost was $0.08 per kWh. It was good for topping off since it was too far from my room to leave plugged in. I added 5% the two times I plugged in.
Sponsored