Sorry To Hit The Brakes? Ordering mess...

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
So the dealer could put in the order (based on my refundable deposit)? Their choice? I guess that means that if I don't like it they would end up with one on the lot?
Most dealers will actually be happy to have Mach E on their lot. Ford isn't letting dealers order stock units. The dealers' only chance to get a Mach E on their lot is through cancelled consumer orders.

Ford is applying sticks and carrots on the dealers, to minimize incidents of ADM on Mach E. However, my understanding is that the dealers can sell Mach E on their lot however they like. And by rules of demand and supply, Mach E can probably command quite some mark up.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
trutolife27,
Not sure what you mean. I followed Ford's process and thought I was 'getting in line'. The obvious caveat is that I need to see/drive before relieving myself of $55k. Not sure what purpose the order/reservation process serves. Is this a dealer issue? Ford issue? I don't want to blame the dealer if this is how Ford structured this launch.
Man, I'm not blaming you. I'm blaming the dealer. But at the end of the day, the dealer has the right to protect himself. I went to a different dealer even with my order. One wanted 1,000 down I said nope and went with 500 down and about 4 weeks later it was returned.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
ChasingCoral:
The dealer said my (initial) $500 is refundable and they have been good so far. They also said that (as detailed in my post) that this 'order' (which has now become a 'reservation') is worthless until I come in and actually order (with a non-refundable deposit).

Which leads me to wonder what good it was to bother ordering/reserving...
The problem is your dealer. I recommend you find one that doesn’t want to bully you into a non-refundable deposit. If I were you I’d find a dealer who isn’t trying to Jack you around, set one up with the new dealer, cancel the current order, then tell the old dealer why they lost your business.

That a$$ is why many of us hate the dealer model.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
This is the way the mache is sit up to sell. If you want one order it, and if you don't like it you don't have to buy it. The "dealer" here is the one saying non-refundable. Not ford. When any item you buy is in this big of a demand then you either get in line or you wait.

The same thing happens with the tesla launch same thing with the new corvette same with the new hummer. You could always try another dealer.
Sorry that it's that way for you but ford can't do anything on their end if the dealer won't push the order through.
Sheesh. I placed an 'Order' for my Mach-E on 10/8/2020. Picked a Dealer and paid my $500 deposit (which was forwarded to them). Dealer told me I would (eventually) have to come in and put down a non-refundable deposit to actually order one to my exact specs (which I already specified with Ford?). Told them that I would never order a car prior to seeing/driving, which they totally understood.

Fast forward to today. I get an email from Ford:
1602882132861.png

Called Ford. They said the dealer had to 'accept' my order, which they won't do until I put down a non-refundable deposit. The dealer said the order/reservation number means 'nothing' and I'd need to place an actual order (with a non-refundable deposit).

So, it seems that even though I've expressed (via a $500 deposit) interest in getting a Mach-E, Ford will be of no help going forward.

'You need to contact the dealer'

So here I am with a kind of 'non-order' order, with an 'order number' that now has morphed into a 'reservation', that the dealer said will do nothing to get me my Mach-E any sooner than walking on the lot when they are there?

What is wrong with this picture - FORD?

I was really excited and looking forward to getting a Mach-E (love the car), but this experience has left me cold. Here I am looking to give Ford over $55,000 for a car and their support has been, to put it kindly, dismal.

I would expect that my $500 deposit would at least get me a 'place in line' so that when they start rolling off the line I can get one sooner than the average walk-in customer. Apparently that is not the case.

Will probably just cancel my 'order', as it seems to do me no good. Better off just waiting and walking in off the street when they are at the dealers.

Anyone else experience this?
I got that too, I had to call the dealer and convince them that they were doing something wrong. They didn’t want to listen to me. In their system, they have to go in and click a button that says order acceptance system. Took them like five calls in a week to figure it out. Make sure that you have everything you want in the system by then, because once they submit they can’t change it

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
here is my original paperwork signed. The price is just on paper, not the real price. But they wanted me to sign something to be able to get my refund back. Think if the dealer had 500 people order a mache and then everyone backed out. They are paying ford for that mache. The longer it sits it turns into a loss. So I see both sides.

ford car.png

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The problem is your dealer. I recommend you find one that doesn’t want to bully you into a non-refundable deposit. If I were you I’d find a dealer who isn’t trying to Jack you around, set one up with the new dealer, cancel the current order, then tell the old dealer why they lost your business.

That a$$ is why many of us hate the dealer model.
this right here I agree go to another dealer.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
trutolife27,
Not sure what you mean. I followed Ford's process and thought I was 'getting in line'. The obvious caveat is that I need to see/drive before relieving myself of $55k. Not sure what purpose the order/reservation process serves. Is this a dealer issue? Ford issue? I don't want to blame the dealer if this is how Ford structured this launch.
The process is hybrid - you reserve /order online but the dealer to accept - the advantage of the online reservation is that you are in the queue - there are no cars available to walk in now and if you just wait for them to be available on the lot like other cars - it will be a long wait.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
if you just wait for them to be available on the lot like other cars - it will be a long wait
or a hefty ADM. Dealers will probably have some very limited stock from cancelled orders.

Each dealer will also have a demo vehicle (aka FCTP) that they're allowed to sell after it racks up thousands of miles. I don't know what price such a "used" vehicle will sell at. And who knows whether you'll like the color or configuration.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So the dealer could put in the order (based on my refundable deposit)? Their choice? I guess that means that if I don't like it they would end up with one on the lot?
Yes and he’ll be able to name his price for a very rare car. US dealers may never get Mach Es on their lot this year other than the FCTP cars.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most dealers will actually be happy to have Mach E on their lot. Ford isn't letting dealers order stock units. The dealers' only chance to get a Mach E on their lot is through cancelled consumer orders.

Ford is applying sticks and carrots on the dealers, to minimize incidents of ADM on Mach E. However, my understanding is that the dealers can sell Mach E on their lot however they like. And by rules of demand and supply, Mach E can probably command quite some mark up.
the fact right there. If someone tries to wait and buy a mache just off the lot. If there is one the mark up then is fair game and it's going to be a lot.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
the fact right there. If someone tries to wait and buy a mache just off the lot. If there is one the mark up then is fair game and it's going to be a lot.
And probably a wait until 2022.

OP
OP
SoriceConsulting

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Thanks all for the comments thus far! I've emailed the dealer. If they can't order based on my *refundable* deposit then I'll get it back and look elsewhere.

I don't mind waiting. I don't need the car - but I'd get one if I could :^)

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Sheesh. I placed an 'Order' for my Mach-E on 10/8/2020. Picked a Dealer and paid my $500 deposit (which was forwarded to them). Dealer told me I would (eventually) have to come in and put down a non-refundable deposit to actually order one to my exact specs (which I already specified with Ford?). Told them that I would never order a car prior to seeing/driving, which they totally understood.

Fast forward to today. I get an email from Ford:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sorry To Hit The Brakes? Ordering mess... ford car

Called Ford. They said the dealer had to 'accept' my order, which they won't do until I put down a non-refundable deposit. The dealer said the order/reservation number means 'nothing' and I'd need to place an actual order (with a non-refundable deposit).

So, it seems that even though I've expressed (via a $500 deposit) interest in getting a Mach-E, Ford will be of no help going forward.

'You need to contact the dealer'

So here I am with a kind of 'non-order' order, with an 'order number' that now has morphed into a 'reservation', that the dealer said will do nothing to get me my Mach-E any sooner than walking on the lot when they are there?

What is wrong with this picture - FORD?

I was really excited and looking forward to getting a Mach-E (love the car), but this experience has left me cold. Here I am looking to give Ford over $55,000 for a car and their support has been, to put it kindly, dismal.

I would expect that my $500 deposit would at least get me a 'place in line' so that when they start rolling off the line I can get one sooner than the average walk-in customer. Apparently that is not the case.

Will probably just cancel my 'order', as it seems to do me no good. Better off just waiting and walking in off the street when they are at the dealers.

Anyone else experience this?
Is there a way that the Ford Rep can move you to another dealer or is that option not possible? Its not fair what they did to you at this stage of the game/process.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And probably a wait until 2022.
right and the dealer deep down. they hope you say no i don't want it. Then they can make more money and mark the mache up more for profit. And yes it will sell. At the end of the year when the raptor was just about sold out, there were dealers selling the raptor for almost 20,000 over MSRP. It is all supply and demand.

Wait till this dang PlayStation 5 game thing comes out. People will have it for sale for double the cost. Why there are no more and if you want it you have to wait.

OP
OP
SoriceConsulting

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I'll call Ford about switching Dealers after I hear back from the current Dealer (on whether they will order based on my refundable deposit).
Sponsored