Keyshae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E CR1
Occupation
911 Dispatcher
Country flag
As much as I love my Mach E, I’ve decided to start the buyback process with Ford. I bought it in April of this year. It’s a 2021 model I purchased used and it has been at the dealer for a cumulative 2.5 months for the front camera fault and pre-collision assist warning messages. The car drives fine, however, these fault messages are a safety concern and does not allow functions like the blue cruise to work. I don’t want to give my baby up but I want what I pay for and it’s not giving me that. I ordered a 2023 back in September and no telling when it will get here but back to the dealer my 2021 goes on Monday 💔😞

006441FE-1FC8-4AA6-BFAD-351314FD03C1.jpeg
Sponsored

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
That's really 😢. Regrettably, it will probably make the dealer happy.

OP
OP
MissBossJenay

MissBossJenay

First Name
Keyshae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E CR1
Occupation
911 Dispatcher
Country flag
I’ve never done this before but from what I’ve read, they fix it and re sell it

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Thats what happens most of the time.

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Based on what I’ve read around the interwebs, I believe Ford is required to retitle it as a lemon buyback so the price and warranty will likely be reduced for the next owner.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
If they repaint it yellow then some won’t realize.

billytuffnuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
I believe if the dealer purchases it, then it can be fixed and resold as used or will become a loaner car.

If Ford buys it back through the lemon law process then it has to be retitled as such.

Source: Lionel Hutz was my lawyer in my buyback case

Last edited:

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Unsure as to your lemon law as I'm the UK. What happens if the fault has been deemed unfixable and that's why it's gone back to the dealer and you get your money back? (happy days). If they can't fix it is it dismantled for spares or scrapped? Or does it go back to Ford to be forensically examined? I hope it's the latter as it could help in future cases. Just curious.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Unsure as to your lemon law as I'm the UK. What happens if the fault has been deemed unfixable and that's why it's gone back to the dealer and you get your money back? (happy days). If they can't fix it is it dismantled for spares or scrapped? Or does it go back to Ford to be forensically examined? I hope it's the latter as it could help in future cases. Just curious.
The cars are typically bought back,fixed and then resold. Here is the some info from he state I live in.

https://www.ag.state.mn.us/consumer/handbooks/mncarlaws/CH1.asp

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
As much as I love my Mach E, I’ve decided to start the buyback process with Ford. I bought it in April of this year. It’s a 2021 model I purchased used and it has been at the dealer for a cumulative 2.5 months for the front camera fault and pre-collision assist warning messages. The car drives fine, however, these fault messages are a safety concern and does not allow functions like the blue cruise to work. I don’t want to give my baby up but I want what I pay for and it’s not giving me that. I ordered a 2023 back in September and no telling when it will get here but back to the dealer my 2021 goes on Monday 💔😞

006441FE-1FC8-4AA6-BFAD-351314FD03C1.jpeg

I’m possibly in the same boat. We’ve been trying to get out front camera fixed since July. It’s currently sitting at the dealer now with techs scratching their heads. Did you need an attorney to get started?

OP
OP
MissBossJenay

MissBossJenay

First Name
Keyshae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E CR1
Occupation
911 Dispatcher
Country flag
I’m possibly in the same boat. We’ve been trying to get out front camera fixed since July. It’s currently sitting at the dealer now with techs scratching their heads. Did you need an attorney to get started?
These first year models are risky. I knew it when I bought it. Just spoke with the service advisor and he agrees that many of the first year models are having issues and so are the 2022 models. I did not need a lemon law attorney to start the process, however, if they cannot fix it and deny my buyback request, that would be the next step. They only asked why I wanted the buyback and then initiated the process. Told me they would make a decision in 5-30days.

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
These first year models are risky. I knew it when I bought it. Just spoke with the service advisor and he agrees that many of the first year models are having issues and so are the 2022 models. I did not need a lemon law attorney to start the process, however, if they cannot fix it and deny my buyback request, that would be the next step. They only asked why I wanted the buyback and then initiated the process. Told me they would make a decision in 5-30days.

Thanks. I’m giving them a little more time as they seem to finally be taking it seriously. (I finally mentioned getting Ford involved).

OP
OP
MissBossJenay

MissBossJenay

First Name
Keyshae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E CR1
Occupation
911 Dispatcher
Country flag
Thanks. I’m giving them a little more time as they seem to finally be taking it seriously. (I finally mentioned getting Ford involved).
Good luck! Let me know how it goes

Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mus Mach-E GT Performance; 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Country flag
Interesting, I thought lemon laws only apply to new cars but I believe you said you bought it used. Obviously a state by state issue though so might be different where you are.
Sponsored