Status (battery, tpms) stopped broadcasting to Fordpass?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Today I noticed that Fordpass is not updating with the current level of battery in the car. Then I checked the widget and it is reading the same thing (90% that it charged to last night). And THEN I noticed that the widget had N/A for all of the tires, so I checked and Fordpass also cannot grab tpms info. Lastly I checked on the wife's phone and her Fordpass also is not updating. (oh, it also thinks the EVSE cable is still present because last status was 19h ago)

So this points to the vehicle not sending out the data correctly. I tried starting the car for a few minutes, didn't help. I tried plugging the charge cable in, didn't help.

I *am* able to unlock/lock the car using Fordpass. But I believe I was close enough that this used Bluetooth. I think it is the data link broken.

Has anyone come across this yet? I didn't find anything in search, but that's likely due to everyone using different words for it, if it is a common problem.

Gonna head to the garage and try a synch reset, since that just popped in my head to try. I'll report back.
Sponsored

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Most of the idiosyncrasies self correct(eg reverse braking) or you can correct(eg. 1Pd) after a few hours or your first drive after an update/OTA.
When the car is sleeping you will not see any changes until you wake it up.
I have not done a synch reset in a year and a half of ownership.
Is your signal strength good?
(There are exceptions of course. exs.: driving score disappeared for a period , but is now back. Securialert info. is sometimes delayed. Location info. sometimes disappears.)
The important thing is that everything is working in the car.

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Car is working. 84% battery on screen in the car, we drove it some today. Fordpass still thinks it is at 90% and says it has been plugged in for over 20hrs now.

I did do a synch reset, no help. We drove around today and should have had good enough signal for it to update in Fordpass. It says I am connected to home wifi currently. Very strange!

There was definitely an OTA update last night. We didn't appear to lose any settings this time, but have lost communication instead.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Car is working. 84% battery on screen in the car, we drove it some today. Fordpass still thinks it is at 90% and says it has been plugged in for over 20hrs now.

I did do a synch reset, no help. We drove around today and should have had good enough signal for it to update in Fordpass. It says I am connected to home wifi currently. Very strange!

There was definitely an OTA update last night. We didn't appear to lose any settings this time, but have lost communication instead.
Have you checked connectivity / connected vehicle features in the settings of the touch screen in the car ?

CommittotheIndian

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Select eAWD Star White
Occupation
Indiana Supreme Court - IT
Country flag

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Today I noticed that Fordpass is not updating with the current level of battery in the car. Then I checked the widget and it is reading the same thing (90% that it charged to last night). And THEN I noticed that the widget had N/A for all of the tires, so I checked and Fordpass also cannot grab tpms info. Lastly I checked on the wife's phone and her Fordpass also is not updating. (oh, it also thinks the EVSE cable is still present because last status was 19h ago)

So this points to the vehicle not sending out the data correctly. I tried starting the car for a few minutes, didn't help. I tried plugging the charge cable in, didn't help.

I *am* able to unlock/lock the car using Fordpass. But I believe I was close enough that this used Bluetooth. I think it is the data link broken.

Has anyone come across this yet? I didn't find anything in search, but that's likely due to everyone using different words for it, if it is a common problem.

Gonna head to the garage and try a synch reset, since that just popped in my head to try. I'll report back.
If it doesn’t come back on its own, try turning off connected services in the car and turn it back on. I had the same issue once, and that fixed it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You mentioned FordPass and the Widget. Have you tried to log in to the website at Ford.com?

Do you use any other apps that access the car's data (Tronity, utility's time of charging app, ect)? If so this thread might provide some insight Unauthorized API use can disable your account | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions .
This. Try logging into your account on a web browser. If you can’t log in, your account was probably locked and that msy be why you’re having issues. If not, follow the other connected services recommendations.

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Welp, opened Fordpass this morning and first thing it showed was 84% last updated 13hrs ago, then after 3 seconds, it refreshed to 90% as of 1hr ago. Also the tpms data is updated on all tires.

So the solution was to do absolutely nothing overnight. I wish I knew how to force it to correct immediately but nothing I tried worked all day yesterday.

I tested youtube last night to verify my wifi was connected before bed. Also I had logged out and back in to my Fordpass app, which tells me I wasn't locked out. Lastly, I actually did check connected services on my phone (which forces a web browser login) and didn't see anything suspicious. I didn't try looking at connected services in the car as suggested, as this was last night before those posts.

Good times. Came out with absolutely no recommendations for anyone else if they encounter this. Only "wait and hope for the best"

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Welp, opened Fordpass this morning and first thing it showed was 84% last updated 13hrs ago, then after 3 seconds, it refreshed to 90% as of 1hr ago. Also the tpms data is updated on all tires.

So the solution was to do absolutely nothing overnight. I wish I knew how to force it to correct immediately but nothing I tried worked all day yesterday.

I tested youtube last night to verify my wifi was connected before bed. Also I had logged out and back in to my Fordpass app, which tells me I wasn't locked out. Lastly, I actually did check connected services on my phone (which forces a web browser login) and didn't see anything suspicious. I didn't try looking at connected services in the car as suggested, as this was last night before those posts.

Good times. Came out with absolutely no recommendations for anyone else if they encounter this. Only "wait and hope for the best"
When my FP locks up like that then I usually try remote starting the car. That will almost always get it to update itself.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It was probably server maintenance. Happens on weekends.
Sponsored