FordPass: What happened to Departure Times & Charge status?

4TangledKites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Acura RDX
Country flag
Used to be that while charging, I could monitor with Fordpass, change to 100% target, and deal with the location settings, etc. That seems to have recently (not sure when) disappeared for me. I also can't setup departure times in Fordpass anymore.

I have updated the Fordpass App. I also saw comments about a recent Power-Up messing up connected services...but I turned all that back on.

Did Ford intentionally remove these from Fordpass, or do I have a problem?
Sponsored

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
I'm able to monitor my charging, and I have the 'charge to 100%' button still. Seems to be working fine for me.

ReverendPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium, 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
You're not in the beta testing program for that app, are you?

OP
OP

4TangledKites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Acura RDX
Country flag
You're not in the beta testing program for that app, are you?
No I am not.

Part of my issue is I don't really know how long these features have been missing. I don't use the departure settings in the summer, so I haven't even looked for those in 6 months. I don't monitor charging often either. I needed 100% for a trip over the weekend is the only reason I noticed.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
i had a similar issue (same features missing from fordpass) and found that a required connectivity settings had gotten turned off. check that settings->connectivity->connected vehicle settings->share vehicle data is turned on.

that returned all of the features again.

i have no idea why those features are lumped in with "share vehicle data" - i would have expected that to be part of the base fordpass connected vehicle section.

OP
OP

4TangledKites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Acura RDX
Country flag
i had a similar issue (same features missing from fordpass) and found that a required connectivity settings had gotten turned off. check that settings->connectivity->connected vehicle settings->share vehicle data is turned on.

that returned all of the features again.

i have no idea why those features are lumped in with "share vehicle data" - i would have expected that to be part of the base fordpass connected vehicle section.
That sounds like the issue...Thanks! I'm sure I don't have that selected (the description does NOT suggest I should need it for Fordpass). Unfortunately, I can't get back into the Connected Vehicle Settings right now. Can't believe after 2.5 yrs of the Mach E software is still a disaster.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
That sounds like the issue...Thanks! I'm sure I don't have that selected (the description does NOT suggest I should need it for Fordpass). Unfortunately, I can't get back into the Connected Vehicle Settings right now. Can't believe after 2.5 yrs of the Mach E software is still a disaster.
agree - the descriptions on all of the data sharing options are so vague they could mean anything. they should describe specific functions they enable or disable. on the other hand, we may now know where the power-up release note writers did before. 😏

i've found the APIM reboot (hold down vol-down + > track for a few seconds) will sometimes get the connected vehicle settings back.

ford is not bathing itself in glory in its tech platform.

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Were you ever able to get this working @4TangledKites?

I haven't need to charge to 100% in a little while, but I just went to do it and found that the charging status bar is gone from FordPass. The only way I could figure out to do it from the car was to disable charging locations for now.

Connected Vehicle Features > Share Vehicle Data, Share Vehicle Location are both ON. I removed my PaaK, uninstalled and reinstalled FordPass, removed + re-added BT, re-added PaaK.. nothing I've tried is getting that status bar and 'Charge to 100%' override button to pop back up in FordPass.

I haven't been getting "Charging Complete" push notifications since I got the iPhone 15 PM on 9/22, and I see in FP > Vehicle > Battery Charge Logs that the last entry is also from 9/22 (I've charged daily as usual since then)... The timing of these issues all line up, I just can't figure out what setting needs to be toggled to get it all working again.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I haven't been getting "Charging Complete" push notifications since I got the iPhone 15 PM on 9/22, and I see in FP > Vehicle > Battery Charge Logs that the last entry is also from 9/22 (I've charged daily as usual since then)... The timing of these issues all line up, I just can't figure out what setting needs to be toggled to get it all working again.
Reset your text size to default and see if it shows up. If you set it too big it causes issues.

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reset your text size to default and see if it shows up. If you set it too big it causes issues.
Thanks for the tip - I was on default but tried toggling +/- 1 to see if it made a difference, but unfortunately no change. I turned every connectivity option on just to see, but still no change. I'm especially stumped by the fact that my charge history in fordpass stopped logging on 9/22 (when I swapped up to the 15 PM). I never got Charge Complete notifications on my new phone, and the Charge Status bar w/options is nowhere to be found on my new phone. I did an icloud restore and set up PaaK on the new phone, all went fine... except for these charge settings in FordPass.

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
I'm hoping someone here has a solution to this. I've been experiencing something similar as well:
- No longer able to stop a charge or change to 100% from the FordPass app
- No longer able to see any Saved Locations or Previous Locations from the Preferred Charge Times. When I try to access this tile, I get the "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding. Please try again later." message at the top. It eventually goes away, but I still can't see anything.
- No longer able to see Battery Charge Logs. I just get a "Sorry, something's not right. Please try again!" message when I try to access this tile.
- I have downloaded the latest app from the Apple store
- I'm running iOS 16.6.1 on an iPhone 14 Pro
- I am on PowerUp 6.2.0 on my 22 CA Route 1
- I have removed the app, removed PAAK, set things back up, disabled and re-enabled Connected Vehicle Features
- I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but it's been at least a month for me. Prior to that, everything seemed to be working fine in FP.

Are there any other things I can try?

* edit for PowerUp version

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
So it's definitely something on my phone as I tried to install on a different phone, and everything in FP worked as expected. Guess I'll troubleshoot further on my phone.

EDIT: It's my ad blocker. If I disable the ad blocker, FP works again. Not sure why they stopped as both the add blocker and FP have been on my phone for over a year. Just wanted to add the edit in case this happens to others.

Last edited:

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the tip - I was on default but tried toggling +/- 1 to see if it made a difference, but unfortunately no change. I turned every connectivity option on just to see, but still no change. I'm especially stumped by the fact that my charge history in fordpass stopped logging on 9/22 (when I swapped up to the 15 PM). I never got Charge Complete notifications on my new phone, and the Charge Status bar w/options is nowhere to be found on my new phone. I did an icloud restore and set up PaaK on the new phone, all went fine... except for these charge settings in FordPass.
my specific issues are resolved. If anyone ever has any of these charge settings-related issues in FordPass...
  • Charge Logs not updating
  • Charging banner missing, no button to charge to 100% from app
  • Vehicle > Charging > Preferred times is missing
... do a General (might be Vehicle) > FordPass Connect Reset > Reset All.

When I got my new phone in September, I only did a Phone as a Key Reset. Something must have happened when I set up FordPass on my new phone that broke some link in these settings, but doing a Reset All flushed it out and now all is well. Seems a little obvious in hindsight, considering how many other things I tried before that...

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
my specific issues are resolved. If anyone ever has any of these charge settings-related issues in FordPass...
  • Charge Logs not updating
  • Charging banner missing, no button to charge to 100% from app
  • Vehicle > Charging > Preferred times is missing
... do a General (might be Vehicle) > FordPass Connect Reset > Reset All.

When I got my new phone in September, I only did a Phone as a Key Reset. Something must have happened when I set up FordPass on my new phone that broke some link in these settings, but doing a Reset All flushed it out and now all is well. Seems a little obvious in hindsight, considering how many other things I tried before that...
I had the same problem and Reset All fixed it. It's a pain as you have to reset entry code, startup code, phone as a key. Keep in mind you will need the factory code (card you got when you got the Mach-e) to reset the entry code.
Sponsored