MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I got an email from Steeda that they have a new MagneRide controller for the Mustang Coupe. For those that want performance on the MME, I wonder if this could be used or if Steeda will be putting one out for the MME. Not cheap at $1499.95. See write up from Steeda below.

The factory MagneRide Damping System offered on Mustangs has truly transformed the capabilities of what these cars are capable of, both on and off-track. At the flick of a switch, you can ride in comfort down the highway, flick it to Sport+ for a twisty backroad, and run Track Mode to conquer any road course. It truly is an all-in-one solution that makes all the manual adjustments of a coilover programatically.

But, what if you wanted more? Steeda has the answer!

Meet the Steeda Mustang MagneRide Controller With High Performance Calibration! We have teamed up with the folks at DSC Sport to take their existing Mustang MagneRide Controller, and turn the volume up to 11! Our team worked hundreds of man hours dialing this calibration to enhance the driving experience in nearly any situation.

Take your MagneRide-equipped Mustang to a new level. Whether you're running our Steeda Dual Rate Springs (555-8243) or most factory Ford springs*, this controller and high performance calibration will transform how your Mustang handles the pavement.

Tested & proven on the street and on track. Our team put in the hard work so you don't have to. This Steeda High Performance Calibration is complete and ready to run on your vehicle. Our racing team was able to drop 2 seconds around the full course at The FIRM in our Steeda Mach 1 with this controller!

Easy installation - set it and forget it. This controller can be installed in your Mustang in less than 15 minutes by replacing the factory controller in your trunk. Once connected, this calibration takes the place of the factory calibration. In order to use your new Steeda High Performance Calibration, all you need to do is flick through the driving modes as you would with the stock system.

The perfect all in one solution. Maximize the handling capabilities of your MagneRide-equipped Mustang without switching to conventional coilovers or relying on uncessarily stiff springs!

Product Benefits:
  • Completely transform how your MagneRide-equipped Mustang handles.
  • Engineered for our Dual Rate Springs, but works with most OE Ford Springs (see fitment table below).
  • Easily installs in place of the factory MagneRide controller.
  • Utilizes all the factory Ford drive modes.
  • Increases comfort on the highway in Normal Mode, while enhancing grip on-track in Track Mode.
  • We did the hard work for you! The device is locked and the calibration cannot be altered.
  • Precisely tuned by our in-house team on the street, autocross, and track.
  • Ability to reset ride height sensors.
  • Bracket included with controller for easy installation.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I think @markboris reached out to Steeda and they said they didn't have plans to do a controller for the MME, but I may be misremembering.

I also thought that Mangeride controllers were customizable, kinda bummed you go from Ford's idea of best for each mode to Steeda's. I would hope the "normal" mode is a real comfort mode... but assume it'd still be pretty firm.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think @markboris reached out to Steeda and they said they didn't have plans to do a controller for the MME, but I may be misremembering.

I also thought that Mangeride controllers were customizable, kinda bummed you go from Ford's idea of best for each mode to Steeda's. I would hope the "normal" mode is a real comfort mode... but assume it'd still be pretty firm.
Hey Neil, actually I reached out to DSC Sport, not Steeda, a year ago. I have one of their controllers on my GT500 and also had one back 6 years ago on the Focus RS I sold. I gave DSC Sport the wiring diagram, pin out of the connector and a couple of detailed photos of the VDM in the Mach-E. Their first reply to me was, it would cost at least $20K to start development on this project and they would need to buy a car. They didn't think it was really worth going into.

Then in August of this year I reached out to them again stating how Steeda now has sway bars, KW has coil overs and other companies are developing suspension parts for the car and think they should look into it again. Their reply was that they might look into it and that was all they said.

I don't know where the thread is on here that I posted the above info but it was quite some time back. I made changes on both the Focus RS and GT500 controllers to fit the dampening that I wanted. Basically, on the RS I only changed the track setting to be a bit softer than stock as it was too stiff and on the 500 I changed the normal setting to be softer and the track setting to be more firm and left the sport setting alone.

It would be nice if they developed a controller for our Mach-E's but I really don't think they will anytime soon from what they've told me. One other thing I just remembered they said the power wiring to the ICE Mustang and Raptor's OEM controllers was much heavier suggesting the shocks had heavier solenoids in them so they could not just adapt the controllers they have now to fit the Mach-E. They did tell me after looking at the photos I sent of the VDM, it looks nothing like the other cars, which they are right, it doesn't.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I would love to be able to adjust the suspension independently from the drive modes.

But not for $1500.

If someone ever “cracks the code” to tune the Mach E, I’d assume adjusting mag ride would be a part of it.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would love to be able to adjust the suspension independently from the drive modes.

But not for $1500.

If someone ever “cracks the code” to tune the Mach E, I’d assume adjusting mag ride would be a part of it.
Seeings that nobody has yet "cracked the code" on the modules for Porsche's, Audi's, Lamborghini's, Chevy's Ford's, etc, not sure that will be happening anytime soon. There is a lot more than cracking a code when it comes to these modules and nothing FORScan can do, that is for sure.

I put together a quick PDF of screen shots in their parameters software that I used to get exactly the ride I wanted from my magneride shocks (on other vehicles). After changing parameters you upload to the module or you can have DSC adjust parameters per your liking and they will send you the file to upload to the module.

Attachments

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Seeings that nobody has yet "cracked the code" on the modules for Porsche's, Audi's, Lamborghini's, Chevy's Ford's, etc, not sure that will be happening anytime soon. There is a lot more than cracking a code when it comes to these modules and nothing FORScan can do, that is for sure.

I put together a quick PDF of screen shots in their parameters software that I used to get exactly the ride I wanted from my magneride shocks (on other vehicles). After changing parameters you upload to the module or you can have DSC adjust parameters per your liking and they will send you the file to upload to the module.
But didn’t Steeda just crack the code on the ICE Mustang?

From my experience tuning other cars, the software seems super basic. Basically just a bunch of spreadsheets and tables (like what you posted). Of course getting something that can talk to and write over and change the data is the hard part.

Not sure what the holdup is with the aftermarket. There are tons of aftermarket tuning companies, and they’re gonna go out of business if they don’t figure out how to tune BEVs in the near future.

Where are my nerds when I need them?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But didn’t Steeda just crack the code on the ICE Mustang?

From my experience tuning other cars, the software seems super basic. Basically just a bunch of spreadsheets and tables (like what you posted). Of course getting something that can talk to and write over and change the data is the hard part.

Not sure what the holdup is with the aftermarket. There are tons of aftermarket tuning companies, and they’re gonna go out of business if they don’t figure out how to tune BEVs in the near future.

Where are my nerds when I need them?
Steeda isn't a software company, they didn't crack any code. They worded with DSC to get a tune on their controller they liked (I'm sure it is awesome). These DSC Sport controllers have been available for over 5 years. I would bet ordering the one from Steeda with their tune in the controller would be better than the DSC tune but again, you can have it custom tuned or do it yourself.

Steeda page:
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4...105318732&mc_cid=266e28a8ce&mc_eid=9b4b44b02f

DSC Sport page:
https://www.dscsport.com/product/v2-controller-mustang/

Like I mentioned earlier, a year ago I contacted DSC Sport about making one for the Mach-E and then again a few months ago and both times they did not seem interested. I'm going to contact Steeda and see if they can put some pressure on them to develop a controller for the Mach-E. Maybe that will do the trick.
Sponsored

Last edited: