skuker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended
Country flag
I've had my Mach-e for 3 weeks now and love it. Almost immediately I noticed some scratches on the passenger side of the windshield. They weren't normal scratches though they were on the internal layers of the glass. The dealer is submitting for replacement they're being great about it. Has anyone else had this?

Im attaching a picture but it was really hard to get I had to point the camera through sunglasses.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Strange Windshield defect IMG_6191
Sponsored

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
I've had my Mach-e for 3 weeks now and love it. Almost immediately I noticed some scratches on the passenger side of the windshield. They weren't normal scratches though they were on the internal layers of the glass. The dealer is submitting for replacement they're being great about it. Has anyone else had this?

Im attaching a picture but it was really hard to get I had to point the camera through sunglasses.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Strange Windshield defect IMG_6191
Looks like a delamamation issue. Will be covered under warranty.

OP
OP
skuker

skuker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got my new windshield installed Friday at Fullerton fully under warranty. The glass company they used appears to have installed it better than the factory with a more consistent gap at the top.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I have a few of the same "scratches" that were there when I took delivery. They don't really bother me and aren't noticeable other than when I'm giving her a wash, so I haven't done anything about it.

OP
OP
skuker

skuker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a few of the same "scratches" that were there when I took delivery. They don't really bother me and aren't noticeable other than when I'm giving her a wash, so I haven't done anything about it.
If it was something that showed up later i wouldn't have gone through the trouble but for a +$50k car something like that should have been caught.

Less selfishly I also hope maybe Ford can use the defective windshield to help refine their process to avoid the issue in the future.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I've noticed that too, but they seem invisible from the interior...

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Only show up through polarization?

Looks like it’s the heat treatment marks from the production of the glass to me if it only shows through polarization.
Sponsored