Strange remote start result

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
Until a few days ago, when I used the app to start the car it would give me a “started” message with a 15 minute expiration and an EXTEND button.

Now it just shows “started” for a few seconds, and then the START button becomes active again. If I attempt to retry, I get a message that it can’t be done.

when I go to the car I find it actually IS running.

Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on what’s wrong?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If you haven't driven the car between remote starts, it will refuse to do any more after 2, or one with an extension, until you go start the car and turn it off again. That's explained in the manual.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Yes, this has happened to me a few times recently, like the app isn't getting the confirmation back from the car it turned on.

Around the same time I am now suddenly having issues unlocking the front doors when walking up to the car with the fob. If I press the front door it isn't unlocking. If I press the rear door it unlocks and opens the front and rear door. This happens on both sides of the vehicle.

I'm going to replace my fob battery first to see if that does anything for the doors, but both of these weird things have just started happening in the last week and a half.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes, this has happened to me a few times recently, like the app isn't getting the confirmation back from the car it turned on.

Around the same time I am now suddenly having issues unlocking the front doors when walking up to the car with the fob. If I press the front door it isn't unlocking. If I press the rear door it unlocks and opens the front and rear door. This happens on both sides of the vehicle.

I'm going to replace my fob battery first to see if that does anything for the doors, but both of these weird things have just started happening in the last week and a half.
Don't replace your fob battery...

That issue is a bug. Have you had 21P22 applied, if applicable to your car (6/18/20 - 6/18/21 builds)? It updates all 4 door modules.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’ve remote started a few times lately and not had the little banner in the app saying the car will shut down in x minutes. The start button is still active so it looks like remote start failed. Then if I hit the remote start again I finally do get the banner which then shows remote start will end in x+15 minutes. So it started the first time and hitting the start again just extended the time by 15 minutes.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Don't replace your fob battery...

That issue is a bug. Have you had 21P22 applied, if applicable to your car (6/18/20 - 6/18/21 builds)? It updates all 4 door modules.

Thanks for the info! I have not had the updates done, only due to every dealer I've called locally being terrified to do the windshield recall without a spare on hand. Waiting for a call back from a few places on that.

I will try to get an appointment for the software updates at least since I have the door lock issues.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I’ve remote started a few times lately and not had the little banner in the app saying the car will shut down in x minutes. The start button is still active so it looks like remote start failed. Then if I hit the remote start again I finally do get the banner which then shows remote start will end in x+15 minutes. So it started the first time and hitting the start again just extended the time by 15 minutes.
Yes, have this too sometimes, like FP servers aren’t checking back in to make sure car started, even though it had. You also don’t get any sort of indication the car is running if you start it with the widget or other script.

OP
OP

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for the responses. As long as it’s not my problem I will live with it until Ford gets around to fixing it.
Sponsored