joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Like all dealer pitches, there’s an element of truth to the second dealer’s comment. There is no holdback on the MME. The idea that there is no profit though is wrong. Dealers will make a small percentage of MSRP on the MME sale. They have possible other add ins for various things as well that are not guaranteed. But they’re neither losing money on the sale nor are they making a killing. That’s a good thing I think.
No holdback, so you won't get anyone to sell you one under invoice for sure. I don't remember if invoice is the same as MSRP? I think it is. But they are going to get money from Ford from moving a unit period, they are going to make money on fees, and they're going to make money on financing

Will they gross thousands on this car like they would an F-150? No, but if they don't like it that's between them and Ford. Really tired of dealers trying to make a woe is me argument to the customer. I don't feel sorry for car dealers or salesmen driving Mustang GTs and wearing six gold rings and gold chains in a brand new building with 30 different $60,000 pickup trucks on the lot
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Yesterday a guy cane over and was all excited that the four door Mustang was out.
I can't wait to hear you when you leave the carpark he said.
He was actually just as excited when I told him he wouldn't hear me, and being a mustang it will still be a quick exit.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I am REALLY tired of STUPID questions.
Today I drove to me dealership with my daughter and son in law as they were buying a new Ranger.
I plugged in my MME and this guy walks up to me and asks the following two questions.
1. Did you drive a Tesla??

answer- yes

2. do you like the MME better than the Tesla??

what I WANTED to say was

listen idiot I LOVED the Tesla BUT I wanted to blow $60,000 and bought my FE instead.

I said “umm yes. That isWHY I own this car have a nice day”. (In my head I thought yes I love my car better you DUMB F$&K)

Okay I got a stupid question. How does one drive magnetic flux density?

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
again - he wasn't a jerk about it. He wasn't smug about it.

and again - the question wasn't "do you regret your purchase?" it was "did you buy the one you liked more?" Bringing up regret is moving the goalposts.

All of you getting all worked up are at this point deliberately misinterpreting what happened here in the interests of tearing down the OP and those of us agreeing with the OP. Talk about "smug." ?????
all of this is hilarious. sometimes people know not what they say as well as some people know not what they hear. i think i like it better than the one i didnt buy cause i bought this one. But maybe dont know for sure as i didnt buy the other one. and who knows if i would have bought the one i didnt think i liked better, i might like it better if i bought it.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
I am REALLY tired of STUPID questions.
Today I drove to me dealership with my daughter and son in law as they were buying a new Ranger.
I plugged in my MME and this guy walks up to me and asks the following two questions.
1. Did you drive a Tesla??

answer- yes

2. do you like the MME better than the Tesla??

what I WANTED to say was

listen idiot I LOVED the Tesla BUT I wanted to blow $60,000 and bought my FE instead.

I said “umm yes. That isWHY I own this car have a nice day”. (In my head I thought yes I love my car better you DUMB F$&K)
Keep in mind that if you pay federal income taxes, you already own a tiny bit of every Tesla made to date in a very sneaky round about kind of way.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
In 1993 I was buying the new body style of the 1993 Camaro. The dealer said he was not making a profit but that customer service was more important.

I told him that I could not buy the car. I would feel guilty that no one would make a profit and would not be able to put food in their tables. I told them that I appreciate it but no thank you. I will just go to another dealer.

He answered. Oh no we are. We are just giving you a great deal. I responded. Ohhhh ok so you lied to me. First no profit and now oh wait their is a profit. My answer was I cannot do business with a liar and walked out. I went to a different dealer and bought the car.
How long before the dealership entered bankruptcy?

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Keep in mind that if you pay federal income taxes, you already own a tiny bit of every Tesla made to date in a very sneaky round about kind of way.
Well by that logic where are my dividend checks from Raytheon and ExxonMobil?

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Well, I paid sales taxes on my Tesla

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I can barely remember what B is, and have completely forgotten the left hand rule.
Wait, isn't it the right hand rule.. great, better dig up my old textbooks!
Sponsored