untamed67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang ecoboost - Mustang 66 convertible - Volvo XC90 3.2
Occupation
Sales manager
Country flag
How does it sound ? Pure vacuum cleaner or did they add a subwoofer underneath the car reproducing eg V8 :)
Sponsored

Ace

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modernmusclecars.de
Vehicles
2018 Camaro 2SS
Country flag
Here are my questions:
  • Will the offered color palette be expanded before the car launches late 2020?
  • Can the GT-grille-insert be put on the base models in aftermarket (I really like the black mesh of the GT)?
  • Has the GT a different/sportier virtual engine sound or does all Mach Es sound the same in the cabin?
  • Since the car already has clear taillights and big sidemirrors (like EU mustangs), can we expect that the Mach E won't have big visual differences between US and EU models?

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Here are my questions:
  • Will the offered color palette be expanded before the car launches late 2020?
  • Can the GT-grille-insert be put on the base models in aftermarket (I really like the black mesh of the GT)?
  • Has the GT a different/sportier virtual engine sound or does all Mach Es sound the same in the cabin?
  • Since the car already has clear taillights and big sidemirrors (like EU mustangs), can we expect that the Mach E won't have big visual differences between US and EU models?
I would imagine if you can't get the grill on a non-GT, then a wrap would be easy enough to replicate that look.

untamed67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang ecoboost - Mustang 66 convertible - Volvo XC90 3.2
Occupation
Sales manager
Country flag
A physical swap would be better and guess aftermarket will come up with a real grill without openings in the back but one that gives a depth feeling of a normal grill.

mrmax86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fusion Energy Luxury
Occupation
Product Engineering Manager
Country flag
Are there any plans to have an optional 3rd row like the Model Y has? This is an important differentiator for me.

Smurfunit

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz Tallboy
Country flag
Definitely need roof racks and some trailering capability for hitch mount bike and ski racks as well as light trailer capabilities for dirt bikes -small pop up campers and light duty trailers. If the competition has it in the States and it is available for Europe on the Mach E; it behooves Ford to make a variant with trailering capabilities for the North American market!

Smurfunit

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz Tallboy
Country flag
Will there be a more robust trail rated version of the AWD Mach E? I saw some heavily disguised mules doing high altitude testing in Colorado earlier this year. It would be great to see a rally version in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb

GTBaller

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang GT, Reserved 2020 Mach-E GT
Country flag
1.) I’d love to get an idea of the seating height. The ground clearance is 5.7 inches which is comparable to a Sedan. However I believe the Mach E is a bit taller than a sedan. Will the seats be on risers, like the Model Y, giving it more of a crossover feel when sitting? Or will the seat height be similar to that of Sedan, meaning this will feel more like a wagon/hatchback?

2.) I’d love to know if any of the Ford reps at the show could shed any light on the GT being available in Grabber Blue (Website says its First Edition only, but reveal and website pictures show a Grabber Blue GT).

3.) If its demo-able, I’d love to hear some early impressions of the sound system.
1.) I’d love to get an idea of the seating height. The ground clearance is 5.7 inches which is comparable to a Sedan. However I believe the Mach E is a bit taller than a sedan. Will the seats be on risers, like the Model Y, giving it more of a crossover feel when sitting? Or will the seat height be similar to that of Sedan, meaning this will feel more like a wagon/hatchback?

2.) I’d love to know if any of the Ford reps at the show could shed any light on the GT being available in Grabber Blue (Website says its First Edition only, but reveal and website pictures show a Grabber Blue GT).

3.) If its demo-able, I’d love to hear some early impressions of the sound system.
I have the same question (#2). Will Grabber Blue be available on the GT?

Blitz118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge ST
Country flag
Can be run at any type of motor sport/track events?

Last edited:

Res Nullius

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf, X3
Country flag
Yes, the different driving experience modes will have different virtual sounds in the interior, per the official release info @ 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E: Technical Specs, Info, Wallpapers, Photos, Videos

"Mustang Mach-E delivers three unique drive experiences – Whisper, Engage and Unbridled – each offering finely tuned driving dynamics packaged with a distinct sensory experience. Features include custom-designed vehicle responsiveness such as sportier steering controls, ambient lighting, sounds tuned for an authentic all-electric experience, and dynamic cluster animations that are tied to driving behavior."

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Actually that is a really good question. Is there a sentry mode? With all of the EV hate and vandalism, it would be ideal to have cameras able to record incidents like we've seen with Teslas. It's either that or I will probably be investing in dash cams. I'd hope people aren't so shitty as to vandalize a car with 2 car seats in the back.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
We’ve spoken to Ford reps at the show and have some good answers you guys will be pleased with! Will be posting the Q&A soon do stay tuned.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Excited to see the Q&A that you asked! I didn't see this until now, but I'd love to know how we have our A/X/Z plans incorporated into our order/price.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your Questions / Requests for Mach-E LA Show Debut 1574275110396
Sponsored