Temporary override preferred charge settings?

wavyphotons

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER 2022
Country flag
So I have my charge settings set up to charge at night when the electricity is cheaper.
But if I really need the car to be charged during the day once I'm surprised there's no quick 'override it for this time' button in the app and I have to change the settings to not use preferred times (and then remember to reset it next time)

Is there another easier way to just force a charge... Maybe from the car itself if not the app?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
You can just click the charge to 100% button or whatever that's there to start charging immediately. You can't have it override the current settings to a set percent, though. So if you wanted to just have it start charging and still only go to 90% or whatever, you'd have to set a new charging schedule or watch it.

OP
OP
wavyphotons

wavyphotons

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER 2022
Country flag
Ah perfect.. Thanks!

RedRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
In car, just turn off charging locations and it will default to charge to 100% right away. Then turn on charge locations back on when you want to follow your schedule/limits.

I was doing the above when needed, but have now switched to over-riding in FordPass by selecting charge to 100%. This one seems to be easier for me, but both work.
Sponsored