First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Inevitable.
Yes sir. Another clear consequence of our draconian response to the virus. Maybe it was a necessary evil a month ago, but right now, I believe we have enough information to prudently start getting targeted people back to work. One step at a time, but it needs to start. Smart people with smart ideas need to step up and save this economy.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
. Service end seems to be working at the care dealerships. Boat shop opened

Never been to a "Care Dealership " and I don"t want a Boat.
I can't contribute to opening the economy. ?

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
Yes sir. Another clear consequence of our draconian response to the virus. Maybe it was a necessary evil a month ago, but right now, I believe we have enough information to prudently start getting targeted people back to work. One step at a time, but it needs to start. Smart people with smart ideas need to step up and save this economy.
I’ve already lost a child to cancer and my wife is high-risk for the duration of her life, I don’t wish that kind of pain on anyone.

No amount of social distancing theory works in high school buildings with populations above 1,000. Just one example. What you are suggesting automatically puts high-risk individuals in harm’s way.

Until there is a vaccine in place and distributed worldwide, you are only fueling a potential infection rebound.

Are you going to risk your family?

Last edited:

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Country flag
Please don’t mistake me for a fool.

I realize the timeline, and you’ve clearly ignored the unintended consequences of your suggestion: getting back to normalcy too early without a distributed vaccine: as well as the indiscriminate, lethal impact this virus can have.

Then I suggest you consider a career in relaying condolences to families.

Last edited:

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Country flag
People don't always act logically... (that was an implied part of my initial reply).

Case in point, Governor Walz' daily coronavirus report yesterday noted a spike in single-vehicle traffic fatalities even though there are significantly fewer vehicles on the road; regardless of shelter-in-place orders.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Until there is a vaccine in place and distributed worldwide, you are only fueling a potential infection rebound.
They're saying a widespread vaccine takes 12-18 months. If the economy stays this shut down for that long, we're ALL in deep doo-doo.

He said one step at a time, and doing it smartly. To me that means targeted areas that make sense. Like for things that don't require high human density. I'd agree that jamming 30 kids in a clasroom isn't prudent yet. Or packing trains, buses, airplanes, cruise ships, arenas and stadiums. Or even bars and sit-down restaurants yet. But there's a lot of commerce and industry that doesn't require high human density, where practices like wearing masks and heavy use of hand sanitizer can greatly reduce the chances of transmission. Like for instance, auto manufacturing (as in the Mach-e). Auto plants have lots of automation and machinery with employees relatively spread out from each other. If an Amazon warehouse can function now, and a Costco, then an auto plant can too. And most other factories. And for that matter most other stores. Just getting people to wear masks in public goes a long way toward reducing the risk factor, yet still contribute to the economy.

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Country flag
They're saying a widespread vaccine takes 12-18 months. If the economy stays this shut down for that long, we're ALL in deep doo-doo.

He said one step at a time, and doing it smartly. To me that means targeted areas that make sense. Like for things that don't require high human density. I'd agree that jamming 30 kids in a clasroom isn't prudent yet. Or packing trains, buses, airplanes, cruise ships, arenas and stadiums. Or even bars and sit-down restaurants yet. But there's a lot of commerce and industry that doesn't require high human density, where practices like wearing masks and heavy use of hand sanitizer can greatly reduce the chances of transmission. Like for instance, auto manufacturing (as in the Mach-e). Auto plants have lots of automation and machinery with employees relatively spread out from each other. If an Amazon warehouse can function now, and a Costco, then an auto plant can too. And most other factories. And for that matter most other stores. Just getting people to wear masks in public goes a long way toward reducing the risk factor, yet still contribute to the economy.
Concur, generally.

Politics isn’t the purview here:

Not sure what “he” you are referring to, but if it’s Trump... Reopening the country is up to the governors. Trump’s insistence that he has authority... That ship sailed when he told the states to fend for themselves when it came to PPE and shelter-in-place.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not sure what “he” you are referring to
I was referring to the comments of pbojanoski, whom I thought you were replying to. (Definitely not any political figures, who's mere mention ruins a thread.)

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Country flag
Concur.

As far as this relates to MME, Ford manufacturing ventilators is a necessary, wonderful thing.

Giving the medical community and all front line workers the supplies they need is first thing.

There is no shortage of vehicles...

Shiny new cars will get here when the time is right.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Concur.

As far as this relates to MME, Ford manufacturing ventilators is a necessary, wonderful thing.

Giving the medical community and all front line workers the supplies they need is first thing.

There is no shortage of vehicles...

Shiny new cars will get here when the time is right.
Oh I have no problem with Ford helping by cranking out some makeshift ventilators. Kudos to them for that, absolutely. But that's only one plant out of many.
Sponsored