Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Here is my prediction: In order to use a supercharger you will have to have a Tesla account and pay a monthly fee. The charges will be higher than the competitors but not to the point that people don't go there. You will also likely need a reservation which of course will be at a tier of priority lower than Tesla cars. He is trying to sell cars after all. Just a prediction, but time will tell.
Sponsored

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
It one of these things.

- Shooting for federal tax dollars. Need to be an open standard.
- Demand reciprocal TSLA cable at CCS stations.
- Save costs, some how to make EMusk quarterly bonus.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I think some people are choosing them because you can actually get them, the MME at least for people ordering right now is essentially vaporware. Looking at 5-6+ months and most likely a 2022 model year. Ford could at least publish colors and options for the 2022 so the people ordering now know what they might get.

Really need some more color choices too, not to have a blue and some other colors seems like a big omission. There's like 3 shades of gray
Select to prem mache has 6 color options. Mache gt has 8.

Your right on a certain BEV needing more color options and not as high of a markup. But not ford.
The supply issue will be fixed and the blue will be back in time.

I mean 2,000 for red. You're barking up the wrong tree on colors.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Ford has more color options, if you count the various shades of white and grey. But let’s be honest, neither Tesla nor the MME has an extensive pallet.

Overall, Ford “wins” the current color contest simply because Tesla will charge you $1000-$2000 if you want any color other than white. LOL. It’s really amazing the various pricing games their fanbase tolerates.

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
This is such a ridiculous comment I don't even know where to begin. The TSLA folks have no option its either the y or the 3 or bust. By this nonsense the S & X are vaporware as well right.

I know you have to boost Elon's stock options but really this your best shot... :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

Don't care about Elon or TSLA stock, don't know why people keep quoting a stock symbol? I guess I could start calling Ford just F.

Anyway.. I was talking about people in general who might be looking for a EV SUV. What options are available to those people who want something in say the next 1-2 months?

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyway.. I was talking about people in general who might be looking for a EV SUV. What options are available to those people who want something in say the next 1-2 months?
Probably not a Tesla since anyone buying now is most likely pushed out past September. Small chance of delivery at the end of Q3 but based upon the current demands & backlogs, lead times are 11-17 weeks.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Don't care about Elon or TSLA stock, don't know why people keep quoting a stock symbol? I guess I could start calling Ford just F.

I think you need to look at Tesla again because earliest orders estimate on their site right now is October, assuming there isn't any delay in production pushing it back even further.

I sure as hell wouldn't buy a Tesla to get a car a few months earlier. You have to live with a car for multiple years, a couple extra months waiting does not overshadow the amount of time on ownership.

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I think you need to look at Tesla again because earliest orders estimate on their site right now is October, assuming there isn't any delay in production pushing it back even further.

I sure as hell wouldn't buy a Tesla to get a car a few months earlier. You have to live with a car for multiple years, a couple extra months waiting does not overshadow the amount of time on ownership.
It's gotten worse in the past couple weeks it looks like, now delayed to October. All I was saying is availability might be having some impact on people's decisions. Let's imagine "people" have no brand preference

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
It's gotten worse in the past couple weeks it looks like, now delayed to October. All I was saying is availability might be having some impact on people's decisions. Let's imagine "people" have no brand preference
You'd have to pretty much be on the fence to go with one over the other based on a couple of months wait. I'd imagine the vast majority of buyers aren't that much on the line between a Tesla or not a Tesla.

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
You'd have to pretty much be on the fence to go with one over the other based on a couple of months wait. I'd imagine the vast majority of buyers aren't that much on the line between a Tesla or not a Tesla.
I dunno about that, people still think Tesla is this cult brand and you have to have stock or follow Elon Musk on twitter to own. It's becoming a mainstream auto manufacture now. They sold more than Audi did last month in the US.

There's probably many people on the fence shopping for an ICE with BMW, Audi, Infiniti, etc..

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Probably not a Tesla since anyone buying now is most likely pushed out past September. Small chance of delivery at the end of Q3 but based upon the current demands & backlogs, lead times are 11-17 weeks.
Prepping for the cage match that is dealing with Ford dealers while I wait for my GT PE, I played around on the Tesla site last night. If I order a MY Performance edition, they say 9 weeks. Standard edition was 12 weeks. Adding FSD is the known $10K, but also shortened the timeline by a week!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I agree, probably some. But probably not many. While I agree that Tesla has become more mainstream, it’s still Tesla. I think you’ve got to like the idea of Tesla to accept the M3/MY’s exterior looks and the spartan interior that lacks an instrument panel and relies almost entirely on the screen.

I really doubt many folks are going to choose a Tesla over more comfortably conventional EVs based on a month’s better availability.

Now not having to deal with dealerships might be a bigger factor!

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I agree, probably some. But probably not many. While I agree that Tesla has become more mainstream, it’s still Tesla. I think you’ve got to like the idea of Tesla to accept the M3/MY’s exterior looks and the spartan interior that lacks an instrument panel and relies almost entirely on the screen.

I really doubt many folks are going to choose a Tesla over more comfortably conventional EVs based on a month’s better availability.

Now not having to deal with dealerships might be a bigger factor!
I didn't really think about that, but I think it's unanimous that people hate dealerships. Actually back when I had my MME on order when I walked into the Ford dealer and was asking about ordering and test driving and the sales guy laughed and said "hah, good luck"

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have any of you used the Tesla destination chargers with an adapter? How did that work for you? Was the cable at the destination charger long enough? How much were you charged? Was it a matter of just swiping a credit card?

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Have any of you used the Tesla destination chargers with an adapter? How did that work for you? Was the cable at the destination charger long enough? How much were you charged? Was it a matter of just swiping a credit card?
Destination chargers are free, and the cords are actually pretty long (not like supercharger cables)
Sponsored