breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
So I was playing around with the plugshare app and noticed a DC Fast charger near my house....says its FREE...and at a CHEVY dealer!

Decide to pull in and check it out. Dealer is super busy but I just went up and plugged in. Got a lot of weird looks, but it was just business as usual. Doing about 42kW from this guy. Sure enough it is free and I'm going to utilize this often I think.

Anyone else have free DCFC anywhere near them?

No idea why the cluster shows up red but that is only in the picture and not in real life.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank You Chevrolet! IMG_2100
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
So I was playing around with the plugshare app and noticed a DC Fast charger near my house....says its FREE...and at a CHEVY dealer!

Decide to pull in and check it out. Dealer is super busy but I just went up and plugged in. Got a lot of weird looks, but it was just business as usual. Doing about 42kW from this guy. Sure enough it is free and I'm going to utilize this often I think.

No idea why the cluster shows up red but that is only in the picture and not in real life.
it's red because it's angry you're at a Chevy dealer

MYOUTH

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Proud Owner of a Premium SR RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Was that out in Fenton?

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
That's awesome. I have a free (slow) Volta station about 2 blocks from my place. It's 4 hrs free so I've been going once a week while I wait to get a charging station installed at my place.

mmiratsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, F150, Toyota Camry, '68 Mercury Cougar
Country flag

Apparently a Nissan dealer near me offers free EV charging. The shopping mall near us is also installing DCFC in the parking garage. We only really use the MME for commuting, meaning we only need to charge every 2 weeks or so and we have an L2 charger installed. We haven't charged anywhere else as yet

Screenshot_20210405-210706_Chrome.jpg

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Supposedly, the BMW dealer near me has a "free" charger, but you have to weave through their extremely closely parked cars to get to it. No thanks.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Apparently a Nissan dealer near me offers free EV charging. The shopping mall near us is also installing DCFC in the parking garage. We only really use the MME for commuting, meaning we only need to charge every 2 weeks or so and we have an L2 charger installed. We haven't charged anywhere else as yet
Theres a bunch of free L2 chargers. This is a L3 DCFC which is really nice.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
There is a TopGolf near my house (about 15 minutes away) with a level 3 charger that is free. I haven’t used it yet, because I have 4 free level 2 chargers at work, so I don’t need to fast charge. So far, I’ve put 1200 miles on my Mach-E without paying a single penny to charge it. ?

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank You Chevrolet! Screenshot_20210405-210706_Chrome
Yeah our dealer in SoCal that I work at have 240s and a DC. dC is ChargePoint but you pay ChargePoint..

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Yeah our dealer in SoCal that I work at have 240s and a DC. dC is ChargePoint but you pay ChargePoint..
No payment required here for the DC! You just enable it on the chargepoint app and it is free.
Sponsored