Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
To be clear, were you able to get both the $750 and the $2000 cash applied together in addition to the price protection?

I also thought the options bonus cash was either $1000 or $2500 depending on state, I didn't think $2000 was one of the options?
The Options incentive has been reduced by $500 across the board, so it’s $500 or $2000 depending on ZIP code. 🤷‍♂️🤪🐩
Sponsored

OP
OP
TimK

TimK

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350 XLT, Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
To be clear, were you able to get both the $750 and the $2000 cash applied together in addition to the price protection?

I also thought the options bonus cash was either $1000 or $2500 depending on state, I didn't think $2000 was one of the options?
Yes, these 2 are applied together:
$750 shows up as 2022 Model Year RCL Customer Satisfaction Private Offer
and
$2,000 shows up as Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash
as @HuntingPudel mentions, that's the incentive now based on ZIP code. (not by state)

For the Price Protection, they went with the other option that they're allowed to do:
I have it in writing on the contract that they'll send me the refund once they receive the refund for the price difference between order date and sale date from Ford, which is also $2,000.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E (on order)
Country flag
Seeing the 3 car seats in the back made me laugh (was there a few years ago). I too would like to say how helpful this forum has been.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Yes, these 2 are applied together:
$750 shows up as 2022 Model Year RCL Customer Satisfaction Private Offer
and
$2,000 shows up as Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash
as @HuntingPudel mentions, that's the incentive now based on ZIP code. (not by state)

For the Price Protection, they went with the other option that they're allowed to do:
I have it in writing on the contract that they'll send me the refund once they receive the refund for the price difference between order date and sale date from Ford, which is also $2,000.
Could you not get the 2500 bonus cash based on the incentive that was available at the time of order?

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Thanks so much for posting this thread, I was at my dealer yesterday since my MME is now in transit and I wanted to see the latest VVR. My dealer stated the price protection is no longer available so I needed to get my ducks in a row before I go to pick up my car. This thread, like the others will help me prove my point that the price protection is still in effect.

Still looking forward to my MME, SOON!
Tony

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Nice post. The only recommendation I would add is to double-check that your order deposit is taken into account on delivery day. Sometimes it gets lost…

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
We definitely won't need it much for the heat here in WA
::Reads Comment about heat, Stares in Walla Walla::

Glad you got it worked out! I had to work for a long time with my dealer in Tri-Cities to get Options to work. Ultimately, it took saying over and over again, “call Ford Credit.” I honestly wish I had taken your approach and just came back the next day…

OP
OP
TimK

TimK

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Could you not get the 2500 bonus cash based on the incentive that was available at the time of order?
Good point, and I'm not really sure, since I also don't know what the bonus cash for my zip was on September 1, 2021. When I ordered back then I didn't even know about Ford Options.
But now that we did the Smart Vincent report that didn't show up when we looked for protection date, the $2,000 for sale date was the best incentive.

OP
OP
TimK

TimK

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
::Reads Comment about heat, Stares in Walla Walla::

Glad you got it worked out! I had to work for a long time with my dealer in Tri-Cities to get Options to work. Ultimately, it took saying over and over again, “call Ford Credit.” I honestly wish I had taken your approach and just came back the next day…
:) I'll have to make it Western WA in the future!
Good to hear it all worked out for you as well!

Rhndrsn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE
Country flag
Agree as well. Forum is great for helping everyone get what they’re owed. Feels so strange to be reliant on a community to educate dealers.
Interested to see what options incentives might be. Price protection was a fun exercise.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Haha, the first ride my boys took in it we went to get donuts, and 1 wanted a powdered donut, I was like no, please, not when the car is hours old...So they got sprinkles, much easier to vaccume.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Haha, the first ride my boys took in it we went to get did donuts, and 1 wanted a powdered donut me to lay down rubber, I was like no, please, not when the car is hours old...So they got sprinkles called me a wussie, much easier to vaccume and told my wife when we got home.
Fixed it for you. 🤣

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Thanks!
And yes, I think the dealership was trying hard at the end to make it work.
The only time I felt that they were pushing me in something I didn't want, was in the early stages of the Ford Options discussion. I definitely felt they were discouraging it, which might make sense if they get better commissions through their retail lender.
After that, they agreed on Ford Options, but then couldn't find me the $2,000 incentive for my region. That was a back and forth until I requested again to do that Smart Vincent report, which they immediately did, and they found the incentive.

So I don't think they were trying to play games,
I think a lot of this is lack of clear communication and training between Ford an dealers as well.
I know both Ford Options and Price Protection are very niche topics now, but they'll get a lot more of this with the Lightnings and Broncos as well, so a little training campaign could be beneficial.
Ford Options is exclusive for MME and Lightning, at least it's what it says on the website.
Sponsored