sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Being in the Chicago area, which should be the short truck ride...

Since I've been watching the palsapp API closely for a week or so, I'm starting to think its either full of lies, really prone to being fat fingered on their side, or they are just swamped in cars and are doing the best they can. I'm trying really hard to be a good person and believe its the last one.

Examples:

o Earlier this week I had two entries for my car, one without a TripNumber, one with. I'm back down to one. I've had the TripNumber come and go all week.

o Other data the web ui doesn't show, like "PariedDate" has changed a few times, including this morning where it changed to this morning, and this afternoon it jumped back to the original date of 3/14.

o Then there is a "DispatchDate" on there of the 3/15... but without any documentation of what it means I think my idea of being Dispatched and theirs is vastly different.
Yeah. It's been noted that the palsapp will drive you insane. Don't put much stock in it. FWIW, some people had their cars delivered without any update in palsapp at all (it remained at "pending" indefinitely).
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'm going to my dealer tomorrow morning to test drive their FCTP car. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some info about my car then. I know nothing past the delivery to the Voltz ramp on 3/8.
Do your best to get the latest vehicle visibility report, along with a new Norfolk Southern railcar number. When you have that, you can track the car with their automated system.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
Well, now I'm discouraged again. I was hopeful that my car was on the move to me, but now I'm beginning to wonder. Palsapp has been saying Delivered to Enterprise Lot Claycomo for a while now. I don't worry too much about what it has been saying, due to how often people are getting results without it updating.

However, I began to think about the loose bolt recall, which I knew my car was in, and I decided to check out the rest of the cars that were delivered with my car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 1616108770723

There are nine on this waybill, and I checked the VIN's. All nine are in the recall group. I was feeling confident that my car was on its way to the dealer for its repair, but now I'm wondering why they would move these recalled MME's together. I'm beginning to wonder if my car is really still moving forward. Are they sending it back - I doubt it, but who knows? Are they doing the repairs there? Everything I know indicates its a quick repair. As a matter of fact, I believe that I have seen one or two posts of individuals getting the "repair" done same day at their dealer.

Anyway, I imagine that anyone else is going to be speculating as much as I am, but I do wonder now what this means, and why they would be keeping these MME's together. Their ultimate destinations include: Wisconsin, Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida. Except for Wisconsin those would make sense to keep together. I don't know. Shoot!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Well, now I'm discouraged again. I was hopeful that my car was on the move to me, but now I'm beginning to wonder. Palsapp has been saying Delivered to Enterprise Lot Claycomo for a while now. I don't worry too much about what it has been saying, due to how often people are getting results without it updating.

However, I began to think about the loose bolt recall, which I knew my car was in, and I decided to check out the rest of the cars that were delivered with my car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club dude

There are nine on this waybill, and I checked the VIN's. All nine are in the recall group. I was feeling confident that my car was on its way to the dealer for its repair, but now I'm wondering why they would move these recalled MME's together. I'm beginning to wonder if my car is really still moving forward. Are they sending it back - I doubt it, but who knows? Are they doing the repairs there? Everything I know indicates its a quick repair. As a matter of fact, I believe that I have seen one or two posts of individuals getting the "repair" done same day at their dealer.

Anyway, I imagine that anyone else is going to be speculating as much as I am, but I do wonder now what this means, and why they would be keeping these MME's together. Their ultimate destinations include: Wisconsin, Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida. Except for Wisconsin those would make sense to keep together. I don't know. Shoot!
The recall is happening at dealerships. Ford stated that in its press release.
For what it's worth, every car along with mine were also in the recall group. But my car is now in Wilmington, DE.

The stop ship was not related to the bolt recall, which again is being performed at dealerships after it arrives.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
The recall is happening at dealerships. Ford stated that in its press release.
For what it's worth, every car along with mine were also in the recall group. But my car is now in Wilmington, DE.

The stop ship was not related to the bolt recall, which again is being performed at dealerships after it arrives.
Thanks, @sockmeister. I have read that info before, but I think I started to worry when I noticed that we were all in the recall. Nice to know that you are seeing the same thing in your grouping of cars. Thanks, again.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Thanks, @sockmeister. I have read that info before, but I think I started to worry when I noticed that we were all in the recall. Nice to know that you are seeing the same thing in your grouping of cars. Thanks, again.
Believe me, I am right there with you with the frustration around the information void. But I promise you, it's on its way! By the way, there are something like 3000(?) pre-sales Mach-Es with the bolt recall - that was basically every single car produced up until around February 18th or so.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Finally, got the email from Ford last night - estimated delivery date May 3 to May 9. 7 weeks to get to New England? Interesting...
Mine showed up today, 7.5 weeks after it shipped (1/25). Today was the last day of my ETA window of 3/12 to 3/18. So your dates are well aligned. Hope it goes more quickly for you!

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Mine showed up today, 7.5 weeks after it shipped (1/25). Today was the last day of my ETA window of 3/12 to 3/18. So your dates are well aligned. Hope it goes more quickly for you!
If I ever leave the house, maybe I'll see you out there cruising in the new ride. I'm not far from Berlin. When I do take shipment we will have to have a CT meet-up!

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
If I ever leave the house, maybe I'll see you out there cruising in the new ride. I'm not far from Berlin. When I do take shipment we will have to have a CT meet-up!
Sounds good. These days, I rarely leave town, so might have to wait until late spring!