Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
See the updated timeline. It is clear that I was the originator of the order..
I think @Mach1E and @KZ6e1e are referring to the inordinately quick turnaround on your order. There are people who reserved in 2019 and converted to order on the first day possible who still do not have their cars. I’m not saying Ford didn’t screw them by producing and delivering later orders before theirs, just that it seems completely out of any timeline we have seen so far. Working backward, delivery to CA takes about 4-8 weeks. That means that your car had a production week 4-8 weeks after your order. Production had to have been scheduled for your car some time between the day of your order and 3 weeks after.

An example of a pretty average timeline would be my car. My car’s production week wasn’t assigned until almost 8 months after my reservation and 3 months after my order (converted to order on the first day allowed for GTs). My production week that was assigned was nearly two months arrears of the date on which it was assigned. It was silently delayed twice. My car was produced and shipped but I don’t have my car yet.

That said, Ford corporate frowns on ADM on custom-ordered cars. Definitely contact Mike Levine and Emma Berg.
Sponsored

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
I think @Mach1E and @KZ6e1e are referring to the inordinately quick turnaround on your order.
Yup 3M turnaround is insanely fast (Granted OP order is a Prem Stnd Range), even when you ordered the Premium quoted turnaround time would've been 24+weeks or more (I ordered late June and it was 24 weeks).

Either way good luck with this and my mistake in my assumption.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While at the dealer, we ordered our Premium MME AWD ER in Dark Matter Gray on Aug 5, 2021. Just received our VIN and a build date of 1/10/22. BTW, when we placed our order, we have in writing, NO additional dealer markups. Now we wait!
I ordered the exact same car as you, went to dealer on 9/10 filled out sales order and dealer entered info online. Got an e mail from Ford same day accepting order.

received production week of 11/29 two weeks ago and now changed to 12/6, still a 2021. Also have VIN.

OP
OP

tortor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw x5
Country flag
I ordered the exact same car as you, went to dealer on 9/10 filled out sales order and dealer entered info online. Got an e mail from Ford same day accepting order.

received production week of 11/29 two weeks ago and now changed to 12/6, still a 2021. Also have VIN.
My suggestion is to get a written contract with the dealer about the price first.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Timeframe of order to delivery could be accurate as there was not an extended range battery as part of the order. I was told that I could get my car much sooner if I changed from a Prem 4x ER to a SR. I stuck with my order and waited accordingly.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My suggestion is to get a written contract with the dealer about the price first.
I did get a written contract from the dealer, signed by the two of us. No ADM, accept x pricing etc.

dealership is on the up and up

OP
OP

tortor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw x5
Country flag
I think @Mach1E and @KZ6e1e are referring to the inordinately quick turnaround on your order. There are people who reserved in 2019 and converted to order on the first day possible who still do not have their cars. I’m not saying Ford didn’t screw them by producing and delivering later orders before theirs, just that it seems completely out of any timeline we have seen so far. Working backward, delivery to CA takes about 4-8 weeks. That means that your car had a production week 4-8 weeks after your order. Production had to have been scheduled for your car some time between the day of your order and 3 weeks after.

An example of a pretty average timeline would be my car. My car’s production week wasn’t assigned until almost 8 months after my reservation and 3 months after my order (converted to order on the first day allowed for GTs). My production week that was assigned was nearly two months arrears of the date on which it was assigned. It was silently delayed twice. My car was produced and shipped but I don’t have my car yet.

That said, Ford corporate frowns on ADM on custom-ordered cars. Definitely contact Mike Levine and Emma Berg.
Yeah, the delivery of the car kind of surprised me too. The initial timeline is Feb next year. But after Sept, once it is scheduled for productiona and Oct, got the in production notice, it become faster. But anyway, the faster it got, the higher the markup. Ford screwed this up and the experience is terrible.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<snip>
Ford screwed this up and the experience is terrible.
Boy, you can say that again. Those guys that reserved in 2019 and early 2020 probably feel the same. ??

OP
OP

tortor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw x5
Country flag
Boy, you can say that again. Those guys that reserved in 2019 and early 2020 probably feel the same. ??
Serously thought about short Ford stock F. Lets start a wsb and short
Is there anything we consumers, could screw ford and its dealers up? Short the F stock? (-;

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Haha, I bought F stock right when I started my research since I read about the X-Plan option with it...Up like 50% already. Wish I bought even more (since everything is up actually so a monkey could've made $$ in this market), but I think F will do well longer term since the Mach-E, as bad as some of the comments from Munro or Tesla fans are, it's selling well, looks nicer than a MY (subjectively my opinion) and has mostly positive reviews.

The F150 EV will be even better I think. They will easily sell everyone they make.

Ford isn't the problem since they actually don't like this dealer hidden ADM behavior.

It's our existing LAWS that prevent manufacturers from selling direct and greedy dealers who, maybe in 10 years will be gone since EVs need little service and manufacturers can just drip feed cars and sell every single one built due to battery shortages.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Is there anything we consumers, could screw ford and its dealers up? Short the F stock? (-;
Just keep in mind, the dealer did this, not Ford.

And state law requires Ford uses dealers.

Many of us, myself included, got the car at the agreed price (X plan for me).

And no one is paying $10k ADM for an SR Premium. That dealer is nuts.

OP
OP

tortor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw x5
Country flag
Haha, I bought F stock right when I started my research since I read about the X-Plan option with it...Up like 50% already. Wish I bought even more (since everything is up actually so a monkey could've made $$ in this market), but I think F will do well longer term since the Mach-E, as bad as some of the comments from Munro or Tesla fans are, it's selling well, looks nicer than a MY (subjectively my opinion) and has mostly positive reviews.

The F150 EV will be even better I think. They will easily sell everyone they make.

Ford isn't the problem since they actually don't like this dealer hidden ADM behavior.

It's our existing LAWS that prevent manufacturers from selling direct and greedy dealers who, maybe in 10 years will be gone since EVs need little service and manufacturers can just drip feed cars and sell every single one built due to battery shortages.
I think Ford is also responsible for current situation. The online order form need to mention that the price in the reservation is just a joke, it will be determined what dealer asking for. They need to shut down the pre order site entirely.

As for F stock, I think it will pull back to $16 range. lets see. (-;

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I ONLINE ordered a mach e premium with dual motor on 8/1. I didn't go to dealer at all just choose a nearest dealer when filled out the form. After more than 3 month wait, got email notice today that the car arrived at the dealer: Fremont Ford, Newark, CA. I rushed to the dealer, and what a horrible experience: The dealer asked for $10K markup on my online order. What a scum! Should I fight for it or just switch to Tesla. This supposed to be my first Ford, and it totally ruined my experience.

Update 4 (11/11): After One day research, I found out that I could not do much regarding the markup. So I decided to negotiate with them about the markup and they told me the car was sold to someone else. What a joke for these guys! What a buying experience for the past 2 days! Brighter side is that I dont need to pay the $10K markup anymore.

Update 3(11/10): Just talked with the ford.com rep, the conclusions: The ford online reservation/ordering is just a joke. The dealer could markup any amount they want and the ford could not do much. So please dont online order the mach e anymore. It just give the dealer the advantage to markup the price to a ridiculous amount. The online order price info is useless. If you dont want to deal with the hassle of the dealers and their markup, go for tesla.

Update 2: Timeline of the reservation (the date about the order status change is not exact since I didnot keep all the records)
Mid July: in market for a EV, initial target is Model Y. See the suv of the year Mache, Test drive a premium version at Fremont Ford, Newark, CA. LIke the interior. Dealer told $5K markup for the car test drived, otherwise need to order on line and wait forever.
7/31: Ordered mach e premium with dual motor on ford.com, initial estimate is 5-6 month.
8/1: Order confirmed.
8/2: Got the email confirmation that dealer accepted the order.
As seen from below, the dealer agreed price is $51400.
9/1: Get the email notice of the status to be scheduling production
10/1: Get the email notice of the scheduled production date is 10/15.
10/15: Get the vin number from ford.com
11/1: Get the delivery date 11/10- 11/16
11/9: Get the email notice of the car delivered to the dealer. Check out on the ford.com
Go to dealer at 7PM and told need $10K extra markup. Told them I need to contact ford first.

update 1: Full info about this reservation

View attachment 43658 View attachment 43659 View attachment 43660
I ordered a Premium SR as well end of July'21 and the car arrived at Muncie earlier this week. So I am not surprised seeing the short lead time on your car.

The "Dealer Selling Price" evidently refers to "Price the dealer is willing to sell the vehicle for in a purchase transaction and corresponds to the estimated dealer selling price for the vehicle displayed in the Pricing Summary. Excludes available incentives (including AXZ-Plans Pricing for qualified customers), governmental taxes and fees, title or registration fees. All current available incentives (including AXZ-Plans Pricing), taxes and fees will be applied at purchase. See dealer for details, residency restrictions may apply. "

When stated so plainly, I don't see how a dealer can mark up the selling price in defiance of Ford Corporate T&Cs.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree, you wouldn’t see Tesla/Musk allowing their sales people gouge legitimate, loyal customers, making them wait forever and then selling their cars! also ruining the corporate reputation. Ford has no excuse for allowing this to happen. They could at least offer a list of non-cooperating dealers! Big cop out by Ford. This type practice will be everlasting memory. First impressions are everything. If they are going to compete at the high end range they should demand class. Don’t the realize they are losing supportive customers?