twriter

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt--2023 Mach-E ordered.
Country flag
3 days in and there are a couple of things I miss on my MME that I was used to on my Bolt.
  • The Bolt had a big battery graphic next to the speedo. When charging, I cold open the door and see a time estimate for charge completion. So far, I can figure out no way to get that information when I'm plugged in. (When I plug in to an L2 charger, I always set a reminder on my Apple Watch so I get pinged when it's time to unplug, and this is most useful if I want to charge only part-way to full.)
  • When driving, I could set the speedo display to give me instant feedback on my driving. I can find no way in the owner's manual or settings screen to show that kind of feedback.
Sponsored

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
#1 is on your ford app, #2 is on you mytrip page but idk if it's "live"

OP
OP

twriter

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt--2023 Mach-E ordered.
Country flag
#1 is on your ford app, #2 is on you mytrip page but idk if it's "live"

The mytrip page, which I've been having live, shows what is consuming energy (and resulted in me tracking down some settings I wanted to change, like the heater being on by default), but has no immediate feedback on driving.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I agree itā€™s weird Mach-E is the only vehicle that doesnā€™t display charging speed

ocdxfv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Toyota Rav4 EV
Occupation
Retired radiology tech
Country flag
One thing I miss from my Bolt was the ability to start charging immediately by plugging it in, unplugging it, then plugging it back in. I know I can start charging immediately from the app, but I think the Bolt had a simpler way.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
The bolt's speedo lags bad - hope you don't miss it. It's not live, it refreshes what seems to be once every few seconds but it probably close to 1hz.

As for live trip data, if not using expanded AA / carplay, you can have the trip tile on-screen for live data regarding your efficiency. (latest update seems to remove the usability of tiles though :( )

As for status condition -- your bolt charged you for basic app info that's free with ford. That's a force of habit, not lack of feature. The charge port also has 5 lights on it to tell you the rough charge status via the flashing blue light. 0-20% is one, 20-40 two, 40-60 three, 60-80 four, and if it's full all 5 lights are on, before it shuts off entirely.

Last edited:

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
What drive mode are you in? Engage gets you the regen brake coach and the power usage meter off on the side. (I never use the other 2 so can't compare)

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I came from having a Bolt, too. I do miss that the DIC showed the kW consumption/regen rate, and charging rate. I don't miss the slower DC fast charging speeds, that's for sure. CarScanner and an OBDII bluetooth reader can get back some of the data, but it's a kludge.

Always tradeoffs when getting a car.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I hate it when I see a Bolt at a DCFC charger because that means they are going to be there for hours. They are more annoying than Tesla drivers. šŸ„¦

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I hate it when I see a Bolt at a DCFC charger because that means they are going to be there for hours. They are more annoying than Tesla drivers. šŸ„¦
Hours? Hardly. Most I ever spent was about an hour, and that's because I was having dinner. Same amount of time I'd spend with Mustang...

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
My Bolt starts charging immediately upon plugging in - no unplug then plug back in.
If your Bolt starts charging as soon as you plug in, then you donā€™t have preferred charging periods/rates turned on. When I had a Bolt I had it configured to only charge during off-peak hours.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Hours? Hardly. Most I ever spent was about an hour, and that's because I was having dinner. Same amount of time I'd spend with Mustang...
It was a joke, but I do often see Bolts sitting there before I arrive and still there when I leave. And they are annoying, I am not sure why. Maybe because they are so ugly? I know, looks aren't everything. Right.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
It was a joke, but I do often see Bolts sitting there before I arrive and still there when I leave. And they are annoying, I am not sure why. Maybe because they are so ugly? I know, looks aren't everything. Right.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I had no problem with the car's looks. Plenty of people who hate the MME's looks, specifically the additional 2 doors.
Sponsored