petesystem

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Thule lists three roof racks fitting the MME on its website ( Roof racks | Thule | United States ): Wingbar Evo ($528), Wingbar Edge ($544), Squarebar Evo ($448). Ford's website lists a Thule clamp on kit for $769.

I'm a first-time poster, and apologies if i simply have missed this in other threads -- but which Thule kit is Ford offering on its site, and why is the price so much higher? (Thule seems to be listing a discount that may be a partial explanation).

I'd be happy to order from Thule but want to make sure i get the right kit.

Obliged!
Sponsored

cdiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Judging from the pictures, the kit Ford is selling is the WingBar Evo in black. I'd be confident any of Thule's kits would work fine, though I'd recommend against the square bars... they're noisier.

As for why Ford's charging so much more... 🤷🏻

kodathedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
The Ford Crossbars come with locks, the Thule versions do not include them in the price

OP
OP

petesystem

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Oh yeah? Thanks that's helpful. Have you used / have access to the Ford-advertised kit? Any by locks you mean, to prevent theft of whatever you attach to the rack? (As opposed to, say, something that keeps the rack mechanism in place.) Thank you!!

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So I just looked at the Thule site and went through the set of questions regarding the specifics for the car (brand, model year, model, roof type) and noticed that for roof type they only show one roof type: "standard". But of course the Mach E has two roof types: metal and pano glass. I've no idea if the Thule rack works ok with the pano glass, but if you have that, I'd be extra cautious and call them to verify it works with that roof.

Can you post a link to where you found the Thule setup on the Ford site? I've tried to find it and when I select a Mach E as the vehicle type, it doesn't list it. (Same for Yakima.)

kodathedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
It can be used on both roof types but be aware that the rack is rated for 50kg, not 75kg for this vehicle. It is super secure when mounted properly
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.thule.com/-/s/approved/std.lang.all/69/02/1356902.pdf?rev=1.1
Sponsored