Time estimates from Kansas to destination (CA)

karthik

First Name
karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mache
Country flag
Hello,
Just tracking how many days does it take to reach California once Mache is delivered to Kansas city. And where do we track from Kansas to CA?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Hello,
Just tracking how many days does it take to reach California once Mache is delivered to Kansas city. And where do we track from Kansas to CA?
Transit time, once your car is actually in a train is a bit over a week to the SoCal distribution center. Then a few days to the dealers. NorCal in about the same I’d guess, although they’re served by Union Pacific.

There’s no way to track that portion of the trip other than asking your dealer for a copy of the vehicle visibility report.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
probably a couple of weeks, but it could be anywhere between a day and the heat death of the universe

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Curious about this as well since from what I can tell, my car reached Kansas City on June 14, but my ETA in Southern California is 7/19-7/25, which seems like a long time for that last stretch.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Curious about this as well since from what I can tell, my car reached Kansas City on June 14, but my ETA in Southern California is 7/19-7/25, which seems like a long time for that last stretch.
There can be a fair amount of sitting at any of the various Kansas City Ramps as well as a the destination ramp. My car took a bit over a week on BNSF to get from the Argentine Ramp in Kansas City, Kansas to San Diego, but it had sat for awhile at both KC Mo and Argentine. Then there is the wait for trucks to haul them from the various yards to the dealer. Or boats if you’re going west. :)

Last edited:

Zinmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Yea, Im in the same situation as well. It arrived in Kansas on the 15th and the estimate is 7/19-25. Hopefully they are overestimating and we get the car my June 30th or by the first week of July. I know we are on the final stretch but it's harder to wait since I know it's so close. I orderd it on Dec 22.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yea, Im in the same situation as well. It arrived in Kansas on the 15th and the estimate is 7/19-25. Hopefully they are overestimating and we get the car my June 30th or by the first week of July. I know we are on the final stretch but it's harder to wait since I know it's so close. I orderd it on Dec 22.
The railroad that carried my car to the nearest rail depot from which it was trucked to my dealer actually had a way to track the railcar. It arrived at the railyard/depot on a saturday, but due to the shortage of truck drivers it wasn't delivered to my dealer until 9 days later. The dealer is 45 miles from the depot.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Transit time, once your car is actually in a train is a bit over a week to the SoCal distribution center. Then a few days to the dealers. NorCal in about the same I’d guess, although they’re served by Union Pacific.

There’s no way to track that portion of the trip other than asking your dealer for a copy of the vehicle visibility report.
21 years ago while I awaited my Trans Am Firehawk there was a way (I have completely forgotten how and things have changed, maybe we had an insider) I tracked the rail car and told my dealer what day it would show up. It made it a day early.

One would think with today's tech we could do that.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Just got my car today!!
Congrats!

My car arrived at the Muncie Ramp on June 24th. I have an ETA of 7/6-7/13. Here's hoping I get my car within the next couple of week ? Car order in March.