Total miles after reaching full charge

Deleted member 19711

This may be old news, so I apologize if it is. I have noticed my total miles after a full charge has decreased since I bought it. I believe I started around 260-270 miles, but now I am only getting 240miles per full charge. Is that normal. Is anyone else seeing a drop in totaliles after each charge?
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Is it your first winter with EV?

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
There’s quite a few threads on here about this. Cold weather affects the cars battery and the miles calculated reflect as such. This is perfectly normal and there is nothing wrong with your car.

This is a seasonal anticipated question by the forums. You will have to excuse all the following jokes that will likely come.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
It looks like you live in Georgia, so it might be cooler temperatures, or it might be the car adjusting estimated range based on how you've been driving. If you tend to do more freeways and high speed driving, that's going to make your efficiency worse, giving less estimated range. If you are mostly driving around 40 mph or less, much better efficiency, and more range.

OP
OP

Deleted member 19711

A-A-ron you seem to have some strong thoughts about this....?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Yup, it's about that time again.

OP
OP

Deleted member 19711

Sorry guys, seemed like a reasonable question. Clearly not in the know yet. Feel free to ignore.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sorry guys, seemed like a reasonable question. Clearly not in the know yet. Feel free to ignore.
It's not YOU, it's that this question will continue to get asked over and over in different variations. I encourage you to stick around in the forum and by the end of winter you too will be replying to messages like this

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I would delete before the more militant members of this forum (aka, the cabal) gets wind of it 😀. It might feel silly to you, but trust me, I’m looking out for you.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Oh, it's reasonable, which is why it's asked oh so very often. You're a newer owner, so there's so much to learn still. These forums have tons of useful knowledge, but much of it can be answered by using the search function. That will save you a bit of teasing. But by all means, if you can't find an answer to your question, ask.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Just this morning I was thinking to myself, "Self, we haven't seen a cold weather range thread in a while."

Now, that tiny hole in my life has been filled. I suspect it will be a small mound before long, and a mountain before Spring.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
A-A-ron you seem to have some strong thoughts about this....?
Honestly though, it's not you - you're not asking a question 300 people haven't already asked, which is a pretty good indication that there's just an overall failure to better educate potential buyers about the idiosyncrasies of EV ownership. It's just that this is a constant question on these forums all fall and as winter really hits we'll be seeing new owners asking if they accidently got the short range battery instead of the ER battery.

As others have mentioned, do stick around - you'll learn a lot here. I do recommend searching the forums before asking a question, because we're nearing the end of the 3rd model year and it'd be rare for you to run across an issue that hasn't been found before. But if you can't find your answer, ask away - at worst, you'll get your answer and a light roasting, but overall it's pretty helpful around here.
Sponsored