shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
1000 miles in the GTPE, received a "tire pressure monitor fault" on right rear. Checked tire, it's fine. Anyone else have this yet? I know those monitors can be finicky and are cheaply made,. Taking it in next week to dealer.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I wouldn't say they're finicky or cheaply made. TPMS sensors can fail, and can have a bad battery.

I just replaced the 8+ year old sensors in my 2013 F-150s wheels, which worked flawlessly from the day that Ford installed them. I replaced them due to getting new tires, no other reason.

DrMJ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
SQL DBA
I also experienced a TPMS sensor failure yesterday. I was worried that I had a tire that was compromised, so I stopped at a service station and checked the tires and they all appeared to be okay. When I looked at the Tire Pressure display on the center console, it showed that the two rear tires were not reporting their pressure. I knew that I would have to take in in to the dealership after that was suggested via reply to my post. If this issue will not go away, you will have to take it in to a dealership for a warranty repair.
I took the Mach-E out late yesterday afternoon and the tire pressure issue was gone. I think that the Mach-E is so new that it has a few software issues. Also, I experienced a low battery on my key Fob. I had to drive it with the fob in the center console in the cutout designed for a fob with a failed battery. I replaced the battery and the fob wouldnā€˜t work correctly until I deleted the fob from my profile and added it back.
Iā€™m wondering if the two instances were connected because the car behaved strangely while my key fob had a low battery condition. Donā€™t get me started about the Phone as a Key. The moment I set that up, my Apple Car Play quit working. I had to delete the phone as a Key. I have also verified that my car is up to date with the latest updates. These cars appear to have electronic temper tantrums! Hopefully, Ford will step up to the plate and send out the much promised updates to all Mach-Eā€™s.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'd suggest that the fob's battery was fine. TPMS picks up a signal from the tires. The car picks up a signal from the fob. You had a signal-picking-up hiccup.

adam_thedad

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select (Route 1 on Order)
Country flag
Those of you that had this issue, did it resolve? Having the same issue, It went away for like a month, and just came back. Will probably have dealer look at it once I take it in for the OTA fix.

OP
OP
shoopla

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
FYI, finally took my car into the dealer to have this checked on Saturday; was waiting until I had more than one thing for them to look at since it can take up to 2 weeks for an appointment (also had them do the software update for the "contactor recall").
It was indeed a bad TPMS sensor in the tire. So they replaced it and no issues so far.
Sponsored