Driver Monitor Camera Fault - Help

WomboCombo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes S550, Alfa Romeo Giulia, BMW X3
Country flag
Love my 2022 Mach-E. I have had it for 1 1/2 years and had no issue yet... Until today.

Anytime I try to activate the cruise control, I get two messages. The first one saying "BlueCruise not Available" then the next message says "Driver monitor Camera Fault. See Manual."

Is there anything I can do to fix this myself? Reboot the cameras (if that's a thing)? My dealership has a 7-day delay when they receive cars to inspect it, so I really don't want to go there, unless it is necessary.

IMG_0638.JPG
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
If you have an OBD reader, you can try clearing the codes yourself. I've had this issue before and cleared the DTCs and it worked fine.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
1. Reboot Sync system
2. Hard reset by disconnecting the battery
3. Take it to dealer if those don't work.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Send me your VIN so I can take a look.

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
Very odd, this issue sparked for me this week as well.

Months ago it came up once and cleared automatically, I’m hoping that happens again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Love my 2022 Mach-E. I have had it for 1 1/2 years and had no issue yet... Until today.

Anytime I try to activate the cruise control, I get two messages. The first one saying "BlueCruise not Available" then the next message says "Driver monitor Camera Fault. See Manual."

Is there anything I can do to fix this myself? Reboot the cameras (if that's a thing)? My dealership has a 7-day delay when they receive cars to inspect it, so I really don't want to go there, unless it is necessary.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Driver Monitor Camera Fault - Help IMG_0638.JPG
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Very odd, this issue sparked for me this week as well.

Months ago it came up once and cleared automatically, I’m hoping that happens again.
Hello! Could you send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you with this concern. Thanks!

Stimulant

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Sport, 2023 Mach-e (pending)
Country flag
Same issue here with my 2022. Seemed to happen soon-ish after the last update (23-PUO110-RAD-PS received Aug 17, 2023), but probably unrelated. I finally got it into the dealer a week or two so and they said it's an issue with the CMR module, that it's not communicating. Of course after booking my appointment, my car couldn't be seen for 2 weeks, and now they say they need to order a new CMR module which is on back order and have no estimated time for me.

Was hoping it would fix itself so I waited a few weeks before scheduling. Also tried to pull the fuse to reset things. I've reset the sync screen as well. I can update this thread as I hear more but as of now, my BlueCruise (both hands free and lane assist) no longer work.

Stimulant

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As an update - new CMR module was installed and BlueCruise is again working for me! I again see the faint glow of the red/infrared LEDs in the eye nanny. The module took about 3 weeks to arrive.

summerlinLV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium RWD; 22 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This happened to me also. Blue Cruise not available and Driver monitor camera fault. Took it into dealer today and see what happens.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I just had this happens a couple weeks ago. Dealer reprogrammed the CMR module to fix it. It’s interesting that we seem to be getting a few of these recently. I wonder if an update could be scrambling the software in the CMR? I think my problem occurred right after I got 6.2.0. I can’t be sure since these latest update don’t trigger a message in FordPass like they used to.

Stimulant

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought it might be due to an update too (although I'm on 4.something), but reviewed my garage security camera to see when I stopped seeing the IR flash while charging and it was about a month after my prior update. Sounds like it's just the module going bad for some reason.

The car otherwise functioned, so I kept driving it until the module came in (about 3 weeks later).

Mogambo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER premium
Country flag
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
I have exactly the same problem, happened after the last update on March 31 ( which “upgraded” the Driver Monitoring System).

vbludov

First Name
Viktor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, F-150
Occupation
system administrator
Country flag
I'm experiencing the same issue with the driver-monitor camera and the loss of hands-free driving since the update. The dealer pretended not to understand what I was talking about.
Update:
I went back to the dealer and spoke to another tech-rep. he had me scheduled for module reprogramming.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Driver Monitor Camera Fault - Help 20240122_182830
Sponsored

Last edited: