krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
The guy at AAA gave me new stickers with the month when I did it because it‘s the car that was getting the registration. I peeled off the old ones as I waited for him to print out the paperwork. Probably not what you wanted to hear, sorry.
What do you mean? If I can put the new stickers that I received with the new plate, that gets me into next year. I sent the plates back but not the regis/stickers
Sponsored

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
What do you mean? If I can put the new stickers that I received with the new plate, that gets me into next year. I sent the plates back but not the regis/stickers
I got new plates from the DMV in the mail. I took them down, with the stickers that came with them, to AAA. The clerk generated a new registration for my old, personalized plates, on the new car and gave me that paperwork and stickers.. He took the plates, paperwork and stickers I got from the DMV. I don’t know all the ins and outs of the DMV and AAA. All I know is what happened with me. Basically, it was $58 to transfer my older plates to the new car, the registration was paid when I bought my Mach-e.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got new plates from the DMV in the mail. I took them down, with the stickers that came with them, to AAA. The clerk generated a new registration for my old, personalized plates, on the new car and gave me that paperwork and stickers.. He took the plates, paperwork and stickers I got from the DMV. I don’t know all the ins and outs of the DMV and AAA. All I know is what happened with me. Basically, it was $58 to transfer my older plates to the new car, the registration was paid when I bought my Mach-e.
Yes but were the new stickers you got the same as the plate you got from the dealer or were the dates the same as the ones on your old specialized plate?

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes but were the new stickers you got the same as the plate you got from the dealer or were the dates the same as the ones on your old specialized plate?
I bought my car in mid-March and got the plates in early April. The stickers on the plates right now (I just double checked) are for March. Which makes sense because I bought the car in March and that's when it would've been registered to me. This is not the same date as was on my plates beforehand. It's the date for this car registration.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I bought my car in mid-March and got the plates in early April. The stickers on the plates right now (I just double checked) are for March. Which makes sense because I bought the car in March and that's when it would've been registered to me. This is not the same date as was on my plates beforehand. It's the date for this car registration.
Perfect thanks!

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still have not heard back from DMV. I sent the new plates I received back to them, along with a check and proper form to transfer my existing vanity plate. They have not cashed the check yet, it has been a month.

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
Still have not heard back from DMV. I sent the new plates I received back to them, along with a check and proper form to transfer my existing vanity plate. They have not cashed the check yet, it has been a month.
From the DMV form 17 transfer application:

Special Interest License Plates belong to the plate owner, not the vehicle. When selling your vehicle, you may remove the plates and reassign them to another vehicle immediately, retain for future use on another vehicle, or surrender them to DMV. You may be subject to annual retention fees if you do not immediately place them on another vehicle. For current list of fees see FFVR 11 at www.dmv.ca.gov. *  REPLACEMENT SPECIAL PLATES: If BOTH plates were lost or stolen, the same configuration cannot be reissued on any plate type.

Based on this, I would keep the transfer app in the car and put them on the car immediately!

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From the DMV form 17 transfer application:

Special Interest License Plates belong to the plate owner, not the vehicle. When selling your vehicle, you may remove the plates and reassign them to another vehicle immediately, retain for future use on another vehicle, or surrender them to DMV. You may be subject to annual retention fees if you do not immediately place them on another vehicle. For current list of fees see FFVR 11 at www.dmv.ca.gov. *  REPLACEMENT SPECIAL PLATES: If BOTH plates were lost or stolen, the same configuration cannot be reissued on any plate type.

Based on this, I would keep the transfer app in the car and put them on the car immediately!
Makes sense thanks! If I get stopped it will be strange that I do not have a registration with proper plate number on it, but maybe I will just keep the temps stored in the back until I get this sorted out.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Makes sense thanks! If I get stopped it will be strange that I do not have a registration with proper plate number on it, but maybe I will just keep the temps stored in the back until I get this sorted out. Also I need the new stickers which should reflect one year from when I bought THIS car, not the previous expiration in Aug 21.
Sponsored