Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
I waited a year for Ford to deliver my MME order. (Ordered 12/7/21. I bought it 12/9/2022.) This wait has much been reported elsewhere on this forum. Now, I'm waiting again for Ford/dealer to honor the price protection promise: you know, that $2000 overcharge they made me pay at purchase so they can refund it to me at some later date. Meanwhile, Cal DMV delivered the Title and the plates exactly ONE MONTH after the purchase. It's day-40 since the purchase and not a whisper of the $2000 refund check from Ford/dealer. Dealership acknowledged that notorius DMV has performed better than Ford. They don't want to talk about the Cal sales tax I had to pay on the $2000 overcharge.
1674091356024.jpeg
Oh man, I have read so many stories about the delays in deliveries of the 2022 models! Have you tried going on Twitter and tweeting at Jim Farley about the delay in your PCO funds being delivered? But actually, I’ve seen that the PCO comes off the top out of the MSRP from your dealer for other forum members. Your dealer and Ford should have followed this process for your MME purchase. Were you able to get the original APR that would have been on Smart Vincent?
See: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/12-05-22-build-week-gang.22520/post-584717
That was for a 2022 to 2023
Conversion, but I don’t see why that doesn’t apply to a legacy 2022 order.
I hope your dealer didn’t screw you over - more reason to tag Farley in a tweet plus your local TV consumer reporters and National auto press like Jalopnik. Ford owes you the rebate and the tax difference. I’d try the social media route and if that doesn’t work reach out to your local TV news consumer advocate or an attorney.

Last edited:

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
Front one???

Wait... there's a license plate for the front?
Legally required in California. Oakland is super fierce about enforcement, other places, meh. One of my cars has no front and I just don't park in Oakland. I keep the front plate in the car just in case an officer asks.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Is there a way to see if a personalized plate is available in CA before requesting it. I don't want to list my three choices and get none when I pick up a new Lexus next week. Thanks.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Is there a way to see if a personalized plate is available in CA before requesting it. I don't want to list my three choices and get none when I pick up a new Lexus next week. Thanks.
Order through DMV website, if they’re already issued it’ll show immediately and wouldn’t allow you to buy it.

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I’m hopefully picking up my CA Rt 1 tomorrow and will be transferring my existing personalized plates. I’ve done this before and they send new plates(!). I remember it being quicker than the stories here.

Did you run on the paper temp plates in the interim?

Elektronik

First Name
Olegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD standard battery
Country flag
How much do you pay for personal plates in USA?

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just ordered personalized plates for my other car. Any inputs on over/under for delivery time?

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
6 - 8 Months
CAA (California's AAA) will submit the paperwork for personalized plates but it's still a 5-9 mo wait.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I love my vinyl black plate on my Cyber Orange MME. I did a play on words. It can be either Mach-E Auto or macchiato*. My wife loves coffee so it seemed to fit the MME.

*An Italian, the term “macchiato” translates as “marked” or “stained”, meaning a stained or marked coffee. The macchiato is an espresso coffee drink, topped with a small amount of foamed or steamed milk to allow the taste of the espresso to still shine through.

Ford Mustang Mach-E California Personalized Plates 1682452465839

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seven months and waiting. This is just silly.
Sponsored