SlyB34

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4X
Country flag
Is it worth me turning in my 2022 prem for my order that is coming in the next couple weeks. I have had it for almost 5 months and have a little over 5k on the car.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There's not enough detail to answer your question. But I would think that you could sell it for more than MSRP and pocket the tax credit, so it certainly seems to me that it would be worth something.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
There's not enough detail to answer your question. But I would think that you could sell it for more than MSRP and pocket the tax credit, so it certainly seems to me that it would be worth something.
lol some people want us to read their minds.

“should I buy it??”

Buy WHAT??

OP
OP

SlyB34

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4X
Country flag
Sorry I have a 2022 space white rear wheel drive prem and my order is for a AWD space white RT1. But i need to keep the car for 6 month before I get the tax credit.

duncanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt EV, 2016 LR4, 2001 Wrangler
Country flag
You've already paid the taxes on the one you have so I guess I can't understand paying taxes and fees on another similar vehicle when what you have is already so new.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sorry I have a 2022 space white rear wheel drive prem and my order is for a AWD space white RT1. But i need to keep the car for 6 month before I get the tax credit.
Your initial question was very unclear.

You have a 2022 Space White RWD Premium. You have on order a 2022 Space White AWD RT1. Your question is - should you take the new order?

- You can sell your older one for a profit.
- AWD beats RWD.
- CRT1 loses some features that Premium has.
- You get another tax credit.

Attachments

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You've already paid the taxes on the one you have so I guess I can't understand paying taxes and fees on another similar vehicle when what you have is already so new.
That depends on the state. But even if sales tax does have to be paid again, I'd guess the tax credit will more than pay for it. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
To the comments regarding the tax credit - assuming OP has > $15K tax liability for the year.

To OP - do whatever you want to do. The answer is more subjective than objective, so what any of us think doesn't matter.

rachitsh

First Name
Rachit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E4X CA Route 1
Country flag
I have 2022 CR1 AWD and I can confirm that I do not miss the extra features on premium. If I were you, I'd have made the switch especially given the profits and double tax credit. YMMV

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Do you need the AWD? Are you willing to give up some of the features of the Premium to get into the RT1? Does the RWD Premium have a standard range battery?

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
To the comments regarding the tax credit - assuming OP has > $15K tax liability for the year.

To OP - do whatever you want to do. The answer is more subjective than objective, so what any of us think doesn't matter.
The OP is from Canada. US tax rules don't apply here.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
1. Which car do you want more?

2. What is the “all in” cost to make this switch?

Answer those questions and then we could tell you whether or not we think it’s worth it.