Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone had this done yet?
I had it done by a dealership a couple weeks ago. My iPhone 13 Pro now seems to actually charge instead of just getting hot, though frankly I've been mostly using this Spigen OneTap Pro Wireless Charger Car Mount which both works better and makes it possible to see the phone... It's really well designed and comes with a couple cable routing pucks to allow you to run with wires pretty much invisibly.
Sponsored

MMEmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
My dealer said that the TSB 22-2141 for cars built after 9-30 will not work on my earlier build even though it sounds exactly like the issue we are all having. Seems to be Iphone 12 and 13's inn particular. I have asked them to discuss with ford. if anyone else has found a solution please advise.

My outreach to the Ford rep in this thread turned out to be useless. Nice person but after forwarding me to a concierge person - that person wanted to send me to my dealer. The classic Do-Loop with no solution.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Has anybody done this with an Android and seen an improvement? My Pixel 6 Pro (no case) constantly has the charging icon flickering on/off and I get out of the car with less battery than when I started (albeit using AA wireless, but pretty sure it's exacerbated by the on/off charging). Seems like a similar issue but since it only calls out iPhones/Magsafe, curious to see if Android users have seen any improvement after this update.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Has anybody done this with an Android and seen an improvement? My Pixel 6 Pro (no case) constantly has the charging icon flickering on/off and I get out of the car with less battery than when I started (albeit using AA wireless, but pretty sure it's exacerbated by the on/off charging). Seems like a similar issue but since it only calls out iPhones/Magsafe, curious to see if Android users have seen any improvement after this update.
I have the same issue with my pixel 6 pro. It acts like it charges, then at some point the charging symbol starts flickering on and off. The phone is hot and loses charge from where it began. I have a job1 2021 prem, so I guess there's no fix yet for me.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the same issue with my pixel 6 pro. It acts like it charges, then at some point the charging symbol starts flickering on and off. The phone is hot and loses charge from where it began. I have a job1 2021 prem, so I guess there's no fix yet for me.
Yeah, I've noticed a few times now that it works solidly, other times it works at the beginning then begins flickering. I actually thought it might have been the rubber pad on top because I tested without it and it seemed to hold constant charge, but yesterday I tried again and it still flickered even without the pad. Very annoying, going to see if I can get the dealer to apply this update and hope it changes. I'll report back if I can.

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a manufacture date that TSB 22-2141 no longer applies to? Like the updates were implemented at the factory.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah, I've noticed a few times now that it works solidly, other times it works at the beginning then begins flickering. I actually thought it might have been the rubber pad on top because I tested without it and it seemed to hold constant charge, but yesterday I tried again and it still flickered even without the pad. Very annoying, going to see if I can get the dealer to apply this update and hope it changes. I'll report back if I can.
Do you wirelessly charge those phones elsewhere?

I've got the Pixel 6 and see the same issue as you in the Mach-E.

But I also see weird issues with charging on some other Qi pads. I have the always-on style lock screen and when the phone is warmer/hot, I'll regularly see the "charging wirelessly" message appear, disappear, reappear, and so on.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
When I switched to one of the AOSK inserts it seems to hold my iPhone 13 Pro Max perfectly and hasn’t had charging issues since.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

But I also see weird issues with charging on some other Qi pads. I have the always-on style lock screen and when the phone is warmer/hot, I'll regularly see the "charging wirelessly" message appear, disappear, reappear, and so on.
No, I don't use any other wireless charger. I have noticed that the charge indicator on the phone does not flicker on/off when the car indicator does. Once it breaks, the phone is perpetually not showing the charge icon. I've scheduled a service in a few weeks to get the update performed.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

No, I haven't tried wireless charging anywhere else. I plug in to charge the phone at my house.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
No, I don't use any other wireless charger. I have noticed that the charge indicator on the phone does not flicker on/off when the car indicator does. Once it breaks, the phone is perpetually not showing the charge icon. I've scheduled a service in a few weeks to get the update performed.
Sweet. Let us know if it helps!

For now I've been plugging in the phone... And with summer here (100+ outdoor temps), I use Bluetooth instead of Android Auto because the Pixel 6 apparently can't handle heat + charging (even on cable) and AA generates a lot of heat.

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra and the phone is pretty big. The charging pad would just get hot and barely keep the phone at the current charge while using Andriod Auto.

The solution (for me) was turning the phone "up" side towards me, instead of away from me. This seemed to align the charging connectors more and the phone now charges better.

Not sure if this would work with the iphone.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra and the phone is pretty big. The charging pad would just get hot and barely keep the phone at the current charge while using Andriod Auto.

The solution (for me) was turning the phone "up" side towards me, instead of away from me. This seemed to align the charging connectors more and the phone now charges better.

Not sure if this would work with the iphone.
The S22 has an asymmetric charging coil that is slightly off center which may create a position dependance. The iPhone 12 coil is perfectly round, symmetrical, and centered so turning the phone around shouldn't make a difference.

Position can sometimes have a large effect, so I would encourage people to play around with it. Remove the rubber mat so you can see the charging area below. Sometimes moving the phone up or down on the mat can better align the coils.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 22-2141 Wireless Accessory Charger Inoperative/Poor Performance samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra
Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 22-2141 Wireless Accessory Charger Inoperative/Poor Performance Iphone-12_1

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wireless Accessory Charger Inoperative/Poor Performance - Built On Or After 30-Sep-2021

Issue: Some 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or after 30-Sep-2021 may exhibit the wireless charger inoperative or poor performance when using an some Apple™ iPhone 12 and 13 models that use MagSafe wireless charging. This may be due to limited compatibility with the wireless accessory charging module (WACM). To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to update the WACM.

NOTE: The WACM software is designed to improve the compatibility between Apple™ iPhone 12 and 13 models that use MagSafe wireless charging and the Ford Qi wireless charging module.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to repair vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E

• Built on or after 30-Sep-2021

• Wireless accessory charger inoperative or poor performance with Apple™ iPhone 12 and 13 models
Clearly the real solution to this problem is to not buy an iPhone.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a Samsung S20 Android phone: it gets so hot the screen drops to lowest brightness and the phone loses charge when on the pad with Android Auto. I have asked my dealer if they'll apply this TSB. I charge wirelessly at home with an Anker charger and it only gets very mildly warm.
Sponsored