dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
I noticed that I had a software update today for 24-PU0105-CMR-FX. Being the impatient type, I decided to start the update instead of waiting for it to be installed tonight. I got a message saying that my car wouldn't be available for about 50 minutes and walked away. Unfortunately, I received an "Update Unsuccessful" message, and Ford Pass says that I now need to take it in to a dealer. Not happy about this. I haven't looked at the other thread(s), but is this what other people are getting when they try to update?
Sponsored

Jmendoza

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mustang Mach E GT
This is the 2nd comment I seen in last day about the CMR FX update failed to install,... At least you received something Im still waiting for it myself

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
You do not need to visit your dealer at this point. Wait for the update to get fixed and sent out to you again
Thanks. I'm still not planning on taking it to a dealer. I like Blue Cruise, but I don't think I'm at the point where I like it enough to go back to a dealer, especially if it looks like they might also have issues getting this installed.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
As predicted, a new TSB has been issued this morning for this. NOW your dealer will be able to fix your camera module if you had the fault and your BlueCruise doesn't work.

TSB 24-2087

westcoastg8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
Quick question for anyone who see's this: for those who have had this issue, did you have have an error message when trying to activate BlueCruise?

I ask because the TSB says it affects '22 and '23 models, but I have a '21, and have never had an error message, my Bluecruise just won't activate. Thanks for the feedback!

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
No when activating cruise control you get no error messages - but lane centering/steering does not turn on. If you cycle lane on the steering wheel it will advice you or a blue cruise error.

Iā€™m running my second update. Hoping itā€™s successful installed this time as I have a 3 hour drive in front of me.

westcoastg8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
No when activating cruise control you get no error messages - but lane centering/steering does not turn on. If you cycle lane on the steering wheel it will advice you or a blue cruise error.

Iā€™m running my second update. Hoping itā€™s successful installed this time as I have a 3 hour drive in front of me.
Thanks for the reply. Mine does not give an error when cycling on/off lane centering from the steering wheel, Bluecruise just won't activate when in "Blue zones". I guess the only way forward for me is to have the dealer attempt the TSB and see if it does the trick. If they do end up pushing an OTA for it I have my doubts that my Mach E will be flagged to receive it without the error message present.

Sherrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE 22'
BC broke in December. FINALLY fixed today at the dealer, updated the CMR module (1.47 hours billed, warranty). I have my work order if anyone needs to see it...

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag

failed update. Hoping I can schedule the HVBJB and CMR fix at same time.

Mayflower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Have ā€˜21 and camera started faulting about 3 months ago. Took 3 weeks to see dealer and now I need to pay $2300 to replace camera and module! My advice is get your systems checked out while under warranty. This stuff is crazy expensive to fix!!!!

AaronForceOne

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 ER AWD
Country flag
I brought my '23 MME into dealership on Monday (4/29/24) they didn't even start toe update from TSB 24-2087 until Thursday. They said the update hasn't cleared the errors and Lane Centering still isn't available. They are going to contact Ford to see what to do and hold on to my car until next week. I have zero confidence at this point.

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
I brought my '23 MME into dealership on Monday (4/29/24) they didn't even start toe update from TSB 24-2087 until Thursday. They said the update hasn't cleared the errors and Lane Centering still isn't available. They are going to contact Ford to see what to do and hold on to my car until next week. I have zero confidence at this point.
Donā€™t know if it will help in your discussions with your dealer, but I apparently had the fix applied for TSB 24-2087 on Thursday as well, and it seemed to be fine. Took a 65 mile drive yesterday, and BC definitely seems to do a better job lane centering and remaining activated. I think I was instructed to place my hands on the wheel only once, and I know it was much more frequent previously.
Sponsored