CHrisw4266

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD SR
Country flag
Brilliant thread everyone, we have a trip to Glasgow from Hull in July so thought I'd create a charge place Scotland account. Of all the various apps and set ups this was one of the easiest I've done. Within 10 mins account created, bank details registered, RFID card ordered and app downloaded. Why can't they all be this straight forward? also noted that they have charge points in Manchester and Wigan areas. Amazing that Scotland seem to be ahead of the curve and as usual the English government has done nothing to improve the infrastructure for us EV drivers. Hopefully they will continue to expand south of the border. 🤞
Sponsored

gsmith45

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Is anyone else having issues with FordPass today? I got an email overnight saying my Blue Oval Charge Network Trial had been cancelled. No reason given. The link they provided to “Reactivate” just took me to the Ford home page. The phone number they provided for support here in the UK was not in use. In the app, I can’t see any active subscription to the Charging network, not is there a way to add one. The text in my FordPass app talks about America not about the Uk. The links to add charging take me to a login page which then tells me I’m in the wrong country.
I’ve tried various ways to reactivate on the web and on the FordPass app but end up in circles. The help section is rubbish, and in my view I don’t see the options it lists to sign up.
Anyone else having the same experience. And more importantly, how do I get my subscription active again?
Second part of my question, which may be partly linked to the first: My MachE was a dealer ex demo, so it’s possible that we are at the first anniversary of the car being activated. I see online that perferential charging rates apply for Year 1 but that the trial is for 5 years. Does anyone know that this is correct, and did you have to resubscribe after 1 year?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Is anyone else having issues with FordPass today? I got an email overnight saying my Blue Oval Charge Network Trial had been cancelled. No reason given. The link they provided to “Reactivate” just took me to the Ford home page. The phone number they provided for support here in the UK was not in use. In the app, I can’t see any active subscription to the Charging network, not is there a way to add one. The text in my FordPass app talks about America not about the Uk. The links to add charging take me to a login page which then tells me I’m in the wrong country.
I’ve tried various ways to reactivate on the web and on the FordPass app but end up in circles. The help section is rubbish, and in my view I don’t see the options it lists to sign up.
Anyone else having the same experience. And more importantly, how do I get my subscription active again?
Second part of my question, which may be partly linked to the first: My MachE was a dealer ex demo, so it’s possible that we are at the first anniversary of the car being activated. I see online that perferential charging rates apply for Year 1 but that the trial is for 5 years. Does anyone know that this is correct, and did you have to resubscribe after 1 year?
First port of call I would suggest is the Ford Dashboard at

https://www.ford.co.uk/dashboard

From there you should be able to access the subscriptions tile and see what’s going on.

If that’s not 100% functional it may be that the car needs a Master Reset performed on the SYNC system. (Sounds worse than it is, and you can do it from the SYNC screen in the car)

That will then require you to re-add the car to your FordPass app and may clear some of the issues.

Once you get the software sorted you should be able to see the subscription costs for FordPass Charging.

The 5 year membership is just a membership and doesn’t really give any benefits. The first year is the good bit that included free membership to reduced rate IONITY & BP Pulse charging. When that 1st year expires it’s about £130pa to renew.

You’ll need to do the maths on if you’ll be charging enough kW a year to make the discount worth while.

Hope that helps

gsmith45

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks. I tried all of those steps, but in my subscriptions I can see only Connected Navigation and nothing to do with Ford Pass charging or Blue Oval Network. I emailed customer support a week ago, but no response.

kevgallacher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
This post is quite a bit out of date now, most of these prices have doubled since this was posted.
Sponsored