Unable to set up EV routing in Maps on iPhone

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
When this feature first appeared I saw the CarPlay pop-ups to set up the Apple Maps EV routing feature, but they always appeared when I was unable to spend time setting it up, so I dismissed them. Now that I want to set it up, the pop-ups are gone. According to the FAQ at Ford, the instructions for when this happens is "Open Apple Maps on your Apple device while it is connected to SYNC through CarPlay to enable the feature." But I see no such option when I do this. I believe another option is supposed to be adding the car to the Maps app, but I don't see any option for doing this either.

How can this be fixed?

BTW, everything is up to date.
Sponsored

MachEbh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD ext battery
Country flag
Not sure, but try opening Apple Maps and touch your profile picture to the right of the Search Maps box, and make sure “Vehicles” has your Mach E listed.

OP
OP
Secret Sauce

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
Not sure, but try opening Apple Maps and touch your profile picture to the right of the Search Maps box, and make sure “Vehicles” has your Mach E listed.
When you say profile picture, do you mean on the infotainment screen?

In Maps I don't see any option for adding a car. All the instructions say it's supposed to be there, but in my case it just isn't.

EDIT: This actually turned out to be the solution! I tapped on my profile picture in Apple Maps on my iPhone while connected to the MME in CarPlay, and the vehicle selection list was available. I selected the car and now it works! Thanks!

Last edited:

andyrross

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD
Country flag
Thanks for this tip. I had the same issue and this was the solution. Thanks to everyone for this forum!
Sponsored