methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Well let's just say that I am not asking Ford that question. They homed in on the ChargeSmart and I did what they acked

The FordPass Integration only demands a refresh when the service fordpass.refresh_status is called by an automation. Other wise it "seems" to just be reading the data.

Now that I have said that, watch me get busted.:}
Maybe I'll re-add it and see what happens since I'm 99% sure it was Tronity that caused mine (I had only signed up for the free trial like a week before I was blocked). So many folks use the HA integration that I wouldn't think it'd be the cause.
Sponsored

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I lost access as well, after using both Tronity and the Home Assistant integration. Just to be safe I disabled both - having access to the FordPass app on a new phone outweighed any benefit from those two services. I just wanted to outline what I did to get access back, as it took about two weeks when doing it the *wrong* way with no success. Skimming through the threads here led me to this path:

1. Call the customer service 800 line - this was very quick and got me to an actual human.

2. Tell them you are locked out of the FordPass app and need to speak with a FordPass Guide. DO NOT go into detail about being locked out of the website, etc.

3. When you get to the FordPass guide, tell them you are seeing the an error when attempting to log in to the app. They will ask for the message, read them the CSIAH0320E code. When they enter this on their side, they will see it needs escalation. They will ask for a few details and file a ticket.

4. Wait for a callback. This will be someone who knows what they are doing - the person I spoke with actually uses Home Assistant. They will then berate you for giving away your account info (nicely, of course), and then file a ticket with the IT security team.

5. Wait for an email about the IBM login information being updated. At this point, you should have access back. Huzzah!

From start to finish, this approach took less than 24 hours to get me back online. Previous attempts where I confused the agent led to multi day waits, the wrong team being sent the ticket, and told that I needed to go to a dealer so they could update me to the universal SYNC 3 update. Seriously.

Some additional notes on the steps:

1. The 800 number was very quick to answer. I had tried the online chat and failed to get through. Alternatively, if you still have access to the FordPass app (I didn't - new phone) you can attempt to contact a FordPass guide directly. If so, skip to step 3.

2. This step is just to get you past the first level of support. They may ask you a few questions (app version, system version). Just answer as concisely as possible. Try not to engage in small talk about why you had the problem, where else you are seeing it, what services may have caused it. This will just confuse the agent, who is largely operating from a script.

3. Same story with this agent. Don't confuse them, you just want to get to the escalation step as fast as possible. Answer their questions as succinctly as possible, with as little detail as needed.

4. This agent actually understands technology. I am not sure if they are an agent or someone drawn from their engineering group, or perhaps someone higher up in the support chain (eg a support tech lead). They will caution you about giving out your account info. If you want to try and complain to this person about about how bad the third party integration is, this may be your best bet. But consider doing it politely. I didn't bother, I was just happy to get my access back.

trenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium
Country flag
Just to add to this totally ridiculous customer experience..

I also found out the hard way that the charge-smart application (rebates on off-peak charging) will cause ford to just lock your account.

Of all viable ways , Ford picked the option of no communication (email / push notification) , just a block, and not just a block, with a cryptic error code that doesn't explain anything.

The people who are responsible for this should be kicked out of the EV business unit.

@Ford Motor Company if you care, just FYI, please don't reach out to open another useless case. this is just terrible customer experience.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Just to add to this totally ridiculous customer experience..

I also found out the hard way that the charge-smart application (rebates on off-peak charging) will cause ford to just lock your account.

Of all viable ways , Ford picked the option of no communication (email / push notification) , just a block, and not just a block, with a cryptic error code that doesn't explain anything.

The people who are responsible for this should be kicked out of the EV business unit.

@Ford Motor Company if you care, just FYI, please don't reach out to open another useless case. this is just terrible customer experience.
Agree that the lock-out and communications from Ford are subpar, but the Charge-Smart app is just a gross abuser of the API. It is calling for a data refresh, not a read, but a wake the car and refresh, every five minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. And that is when parked.

Oh, and my persistent Electrical System Drain has gone away.

While I want my off-peak rebate back, National Grid needs to improve the app.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
This. No actual notification your account is locked, no explanatory text pm the login page telling you the account is locked and you need to contact FordPass (and repent). Poor communication.

Taekwonmoe

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Occupation
Animator
Country flag
Maybe I'll re-add it and see what happens since I'm 99% sure it was Tronity that caused mine (I had only signed up for the free trial like a week before I was blocked). So many folks use the HA integration that I wouldn't think it'd be the cause.
It's not Tronity. I don't even know what that is. I just woke up and my app gave me that error message. Is there a fix for this yet?

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I'm pretty sure mine was blocked because of Homebridge. That's the only 3rd party thing I can think of that I've connected my car to.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
It's not Tronity. I don't even know what that is. I just woke up and my app gave me that error message. Is there a fix for this yet?
Yes there is a fix. Read a few posts back - you have to stop the third party app access, and then you can contact Ford CS as described in the previous post and they will enable your account. That is what I had to do.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The problem continues. I was locked out with code CSIAH0320E as well. I called Ford, they are escalating the issue. Who know how long this will take.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The problem continues. I was locked out with code CSIAH0320E as well. I called Ford, they are escalating the issue. Who know how long this will take.
What app are you using? I was using Tronity and the Android widget. I removed both and then got my access back.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What app are you using? I was using Tronity and the Android widget. I removed both and then got my access back.
None that I know of.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
None that I know of.
So far I know of these offenders: Optiwatt, Recurrent, ev.energy, ABRP (OTA live data), Tronity, Charge Smart MA, SmartCharge Rewards, HomeBridge, widgets. Use may be in the past but if you car is still on their servers it's an issue until fully removed.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So far I know of these offenders: Optiwatt, Recurrent, ev.energy, Tronity, Charge Smart MA, SmartCharge Rewards, HomeBridge, widgets. Use may be in the past but if you car is still on their servers it's an issue until fully removed.
Oops. I signed up with Recurrent a while back.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD Externded Range
Country flag
Oh, that's not good! I heavily rely on the Home Assistant integration, actually that was one of my considerations to buy Ford. Crap...

My account was not blocked yet, so there is hope.
Sponsored