updates ... updates ... UPDATES !!! 2.4.1 ...2.4.2 ...2.4.3 ...2.4.4. !!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3569
  • Start date
  • Watchers 19

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
I have just embarked on my third ultra long road trip to NJ, 1.200+ miles journey in two days of continuous driving with an overnight in Smithfield, NC.

On my first charge at EA in the Avenues Mall @JAX I met Patricia MacCormick from Ford Angles testing a Premium AWD std battery ... then on my next stop at EA Walmart Lumberton NC I bumped into Rugero Fratarcangelli from FordLincoln Training Group testing a brand new orange GT !!!

Then while parked overnight, at Hampton Inn in Smithfield I got my OTA bringing my FordPower Up to v. 2.4.3 ... then just today parking under freezing rain in Hillsdale NJ I got another OTA now bringing my SYNC4 up to v. 2.4.4

... I really don't now what all this means but I am certainly excited. All these OTAs were successfully installed without connected to Wi-Fi ... I am just wondering since I purchased this vehicle in NJ and whether this influenced in my updates to be rapidly installed. When I was in FL I hardly got any OTA updates and the car connected to my garage WiFi every night. My car is a Job 1 production date of March '21.

sync4.jpg

upDate(1).JPG

upDate(2).JPG
Are you in the Early Access program, or just one of the innocent Job 1 owners waiting patiently?

If the latter - this is truly newsworthy!

bdesatnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 BMW i3, 2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag
For those of you that have started receiving these updates and have had failed updates. Do you need to wait until the next day for that update or is there a way to force the update to occur the same day? I've had two failures on 2.4.3 today and the next attempt will be tomorrow - I'd like to try again today if possible.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Updates, my a*s. Still on 1.6 in Europe. Although there are some brave men who took destiny in their own hands by updating tru FDRS
In Europe, v1.7.1 is the latest available using FDRS. So we have to wait .....

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Are you in the Early Access program, or just one of the innocent Job 1 owners waiting patiently?

If the latter - this is truly newsworthy!
I agree, as a non-EA member, I would love to see updates starting to come out for the rest of us!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For those of you that have started receiving these updates and have had failed updates. Do you need to wait until the next day for that update or is there a way to force the update to occur the same day? I've had two failures on 2.4.3 today and the next attempt will be tomorrow - I'd like to try again today if possible.
I haven't seen a way to force a retry.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I have just embarked on my third ultra long road trip to NJ, 1.200+ miles journey in two days of continuous driving with an overnight in Smithfield, NC.

On my first charge at EA in the Avenues Mall @JAX I met Patricia MacCormick from Ford Angles testing a Premium AWD std battery ... then on my next stop at EA Walmart Lumberton NC I bumped into Rugero Fratarcangelli from FordLincoln Training Group testing a brand new orange GT !!!

Then while parked overnight, at Hampton Inn in Smithfield I got my OTA bringing my FordPower Up to v. 2.4.3 ... then just today parking under freezing rain in Hillsdale NJ I got another OTA now bringing my SYNC4 up to v. 2.4.4

... I really don't now what all this means but I am certainly excited. All these OTAs were successfully installed without connected to Wi-Fi ... I am just wondering since I purchased this vehicle in NJ and whether this influenced in my updates to be rapidly installed. When I was in FL I hardly got any OTA updates and the car connected to my garage WiFi every night. My car is a Job 1 production date of March '21.

sync4.jpg

upDate(1).JPG

upDate(2).JPG
whoa, didn't realize the charge angels had actually been deployed, that's awesome!

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Yep. I’m really becoming convinced that OTAs only happen via cellular, not Wi-Fi.
Both. The key is the car has to be awake. You likely rarely get a Wi-Fi update because your car goes to sleep.

Some owners keep PaaK active, and even when in their house, for instance, the phone never drops the bluetooth connection so the car stays awake for extended periods. There is enough of a "wake" window to have a WiFi PowerUp download succeed. Some of the PowerUps also need a few Start Button on/off cycles to complete, i.e. Windows will reboot a few times to complete this update.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Cool story. Based on what you and others have reported, I strongly suspect updates don’t happen over Wi-Fi (for example, — @ChasingCoral reporting that he had to go on a 30 minute drive for his updates to install). I now keep an eye on my home Wi-Fi and I never see the car do anything significant (at best a couple hundred KB to a couple of MB, not nothing “big”).
Thank you !!! The only thing, as I have stated don't know if because I am back in NJ (my vehicle was bought from a NJ dealership) all of sudden I was inundated with updates ....!!!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you !!! The only thing, as I have stated don't know if because I am back in NJ (my vehicle was bought from a NJ dealership) all of sudden I was inundated with updates ....!!!
It has nothing to do with your location. Your Early Access membership has granted you this week’s wave of updates for BlueCruise.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Both. The key is the car has to be awake. You likely rarely get a Wi-Fi update because your car goes to sleep.

Some owners keep PaaK active, and even when in their house, for instance, the phone never drops the bluetooth connection so the car stays awake for extended periods. There is enough of a "wake" window to have a WiFi PowerUp download succeed. Some of the PowerUps also need a few Start Button on/off cycles to complete, i.e. Windows will reboot a few times to complete this update.
No ... that is not true. Once I have scheduled the updates, say every day at 02:00AM ... I started to receive update instructions ... little icon next to the vehicle, at upper left hand side and all I did was to accept now... then I was told to shut down, lock the doors and within next 35 minutes I got a message on my FordApp: Update Successful !!!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No ... that is not true. Once I have scheduled the updates, say every day at 02:00AM ... I started to receive update instructions ... little icon next to the vehicle, at upper left hand side and all I did was to accept now... then I was told to shut down, lock the doors and within next 35 minutes I got a message on my FordApp: Update Successful !!!
That‘s because it had already downloaded.
Sponsored