that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
My GTPE has almost 13k miles and the front rotors are warped to hell. I always used 1 pedal driving. My one pedal stopped working due to a faulty wheel speed sensor so I had to use the regular brakes. The wheel pulses so bad when braking. Is there any upgraded rotors from anywhere yet for these?

A31195AF-A0C6-4E7F-BEBD-40F77A3572BF.jpeg
Sponsored

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Did you do a panic stop or a high speed stop? I'd be very surprised if the rotors warped under normal use. One thing that can happen that feels like warped rotors is material transfer. In that case, you have to get them pretty hot, then come to a complete stop with your foot on the brake. Material can transfer from the pad to the rotor, and it creates a thick spot.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Did you do a panic stop or a high speed stop? I'd be very surprised if the rotors warped under normal use. One thing that can happen that feels like warped rotors is material transfer. In that case, you have to get them pretty hot, then come to a complete stop with your foot on the brake. Material can transfer from the pad to the rotor, and it creates a thick spot.
The pulsing is from non use of the friction brakes. The stock rotors are plenty good. Yours are just contaminated. You’ll have to use the friction brakes regularly to clean them off and keep clean.
Bingo.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My GTPE has almost 13k miles and the front rotors are warped to hell. I always used 1 pedal driving. My one pedal stopped working due to a faulty wheel speed sensor so I had to use the regular brakes. The wheel pulses so bad when braking. Is there any upgraded rotors from anywhere yet for these?

A31195AF-A0C6-4E7F-BEBD-40F77A3572BF.jpeg
That would all be covered under warranty. Get the sensor fixed and ask them to put a run out gauge on your rotors. I bet you will find they are straight and true. And if not, they will be replaced as well.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I warped rotors on a car once. Wasn’t from any of the above.

It was from washing the car when the brakes were hot.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I warped rotors on a car once. Wasn’t from any of the above.

It was from washing the car when the brakes were hot.
That reminds me of when some sanctioning bodies allowed liquid cooling in addition to air. As with everything else, it got expensive so they had to save us from ourselves and make it illegal. 🤪🐩

I have only warped a rotor on a 1/2-ton 4x4. Too much load, too much speed, hilly and curvy terrain. Oh, and the crappy OEM-style brakes on my ‘71 Celica. Forgot I warped a rotor on it too after upgrading the master, prop valve, and pads. Those brakes were a joke even on a ~2K pound car. 🤪🐩

CarGuyBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE - Bronco - Mustang Dark Horse
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
I have just over 15K on my GTPE and my rotors are warped as well. I raced in IMSA for 15 years and push it sometimes, but I did not expect this from Brembo. I have tried heating them up to the point where break smoke is visible when stopped to see if that would straighten them out and that did not do the trick. I have ordered replacements from Dynamic Friction, and they have arrived and I will be installing them in the next couple of days.

ItemSKU
Qty
Dynamic Friction 1551-2390-01 5000 Advanced Brake Pads - Low Metallic with HardwareDFC-1551-2390-01
1​
Dynamic Friction 633-54302L Drilled and Slotted Black Zinc Brake RotorDFC-633-54302L
1​
Dynamic Friction 633-54302R Drilled and Slotted Black Zinc Brake RotorDFC-633-54302R
1​

claytionthecreation

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MachE GT
You guys obviously didn’t own GM vehicles in the 2003-2009 era. They used terrible steel on the rotors (and also wheel hubs). The rotors would warp driving in in rain…or if you just looked at them wrong lol. Not sure how OEM rotors are these days since I’ve leased since 2009. Used to be those could be cheap too depending on what you bought.

The rotors on my GT seem really large and thick. Yes, that’s what she said lol

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
I'm not saying that you can't warp a rotor, but it is just language we use for anything that gives that anecdotal pedal/steering feedback.

But I admit that regardless of what the issue really is, I couldn't live with it.

CarGuyBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE - Bronco - Mustang Dark Horse
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
New rotors are installed, and the Break Pedal is much better. With the rotors running out I did not realize how much it was pushing back the pucks and affecting the pedal feel. Hopefully the Dynamic Friction product will last longer.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
You guys obviously didn’t own GM vehicles in the 2003-2009 era. They used terrible steel on the rotors (and also wheel hubs). The rotors would warp driving in in rain…or if you just looked at them wrong lol. Not sure how OEM rotors are these days since I’ve leased since 2009. Used to be those could be cheap too depending on what you bought.

The rotors on my GT seem really large and thick. Yes, that’s what she said lol
My 01 Corvette’s rear rotors warped after driving through a 1/8 puddle while hauling ass.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I have just over 15K on my GTPE and my rotors are warped as well. I raced in IMSA for 15 years and push it sometimes, but I did not expect this from Brembo. I have tried heating them up to the point where break smoke is visible when stopped to see if that would straighten them out and that did not do the trick. I have ordered replacements from Dynamic Friction, and they have arrived and I will be installing them in the next couple of days.

ItemSKU
Qty
Dynamic Friction 1551-2390-01 5000 Advanced Brake Pads - Low Metallic with HardwareDFC-1551-2390-01
1​
Dynamic Friction 633-54302L Drilled and Slotted Black Zinc Brake RotorDFC-633-54302L
1​
Dynamic Friction 633-54302R Drilled and Slotted Black Zinc Brake RotorDFC-633-54302R
1​
I would double-check those parts. The GT and GTPE have different size rotors.

The only rotor I have seen besides the motorcraft part is Raybestos Element 3. Hopefully, those DF are correct I won't buy drilled or slotted rotors for cars that did not come that way stock. When you reduce the friction area you reduce the stopping power.

For GTPE

https://www.raybestos.com/disc-brake-rotor-682859fzn.html

For GT, Select, Premium, & CR1

https://www.raybestos.com/disc-brake-rotor-682744fzn.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
that_macheguy

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
New rotors are installed, and the Break Pedal is much better. With the rotors running out I did not realize how much it was pushing back the pucks and affecting the pedal feel. Hopefully the Dynamic Friction product will last longer.
Can you upload some pics and where did you order them?!

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.willybeanscoffee.com
Vehicles
23 CR1, 21 Highlander V6, 01 F-350 V10, 13 VStrom
Country flag

ItemSKU
Qty
1​
1​
1​
Approximate price?
Sponsored