Vehicle Damaged Category F (AMRO)

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
My vehicle is currently in transit and has been at Richards-Gebuar for about two weeks on "hold" status. This morning, my ETA disappeared on my Ford account so I reached out. Found out my Mach-e is now at Kansas City Assembly Plant due to Vehicle Damaged Category F (AMRO).

When I followed up, the rep didn't have any details on what that means...

Does anyone here (especially those with VVR access and may have seen this before) know what Category F (AMRO) really means? A quick google didn't come back with much.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jax_GT

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well did some more googling, not specific to the Mach-e and found this on blue oval forums... not looking good. Time to call Ford I guess.

EDIT: Called Ford, told me to call dealer...

Vehicle Damaged
The vehicle was damaged and may require inspection by a third party insurance provider. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.
U.S. & Canada
Vehicle Damaged - Category A
AMRO has determined the damage is repairable and the disclosable damage does not exceed the limit identified in the "Warranty and Policy Manual". In accordance with Ford Motor Company policy, the unit can be sold as new and it will be forwarded to the ship-to location. Dealers/Fleets will receive a copy of the AMRO estimate from DVO.
Vehicle Damaged - Category B
AMRO has determined the unit is repairable, however, it cannot be sold as new and it will not be forwarded to the ship-to location. The unit will be sold at auction. It is recommended that Dealers/Fleets reorder the vehicle and request expedited action.
Vehicle Damaged - Category C & D
AMRO has determined that the damage is un-repairable, the unit cannot be sold, and it will not be forwarded to the ship-to location. The damage has been severe and the unit will be scrapped. It is recommended that Dealers/Fleets reorder the vehicle and request expedited action.
Vehicle Damaged - Category F
AMRO has determined the damage is repairable, however the disclosable damage exceeds the limit identified in the "Warranty and Policy Manual". In accordance with Ford Motor Company policy, the unit cannot be sold as new and it will not be forwarded to the ship-to location. The unit will be sold at auction. It is recommended that Dealers/Fleets reorder the vehicle and request expedited action.

Last edited:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Oh that sounds absolutely terrible. ”Sold at auction?” This does make me incredibly curious how fast you can get a replacement with an “expedited action” request though. Jeez, I’m really sorry to see this.

OP
OP
Jax_GT

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh that sounds absolutely terrible. ”Sold at auction?” This does make me incredibly curious how fast you can get a replacement with an “expedited action” request though. Jeez, I’m really sorry to see this.
Called my dealer and Ford hadn't said anything to them yet. They're looking into it right now and we'll see when they call back.

This really sucks though because our VLT goes up significantly for EV's in 2023, I'm going to lose my pre-approved Credit Union rate from before the rate hike, and the new tax credit laws could be an issue. Plus who knows, if it has to be an early 23, will they honor whatever price increase it is too..

We could end up paying close to 10k more for this stupid thing all because of this...

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Called my dealer and Ford hadn't said anything to them yet. They're looking into it right now and we'll see when they call back.

This really sucks though because our VLT goes up significantly for EV's in 2023, I'm going to lose my pre-approved Credit Union rate from before the rate hike, and the new tax credit laws could be an issue. Plus who knows, if it has to be an early 23, will they honor whatever price increase it is too..

We could end up paying close to 10k more for this stupid thing all because of this...
Maybe try and talk through it with your dealer, in person, preferably with a sales manager or the GM himself. I'd compromise on color and see if they can help get you into a cancelled order or dealer ordered car with no mark up. Won't have Price Protection, if you had that, but maybe if you have X Plan or similar they'll let you use that to help get the price down. Ford employees can also give out a few codes a year, you can ask the manager to talk to their Ford operations manager that oversees their dealership (the one that sells them their cars, basically), and if he'd help get you a code. This won't get it to the same level as PP, but should be close.

OP
OP
Jax_GT

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe try and talk through it with your dealer, in person, preferably with a sales manager or the GM himself. I'd compromise on color and see if they can help get you into a cancelled order or dealer ordered car with no mark up. Won't have Price Protection, if you had that, but maybe if you have X Plan or similar they'll let you use that to help get the price down. Ford employees can also give out a few codes a year, you can ask the manager to talk to their Ford operations manager that oversees their dealership (the one that sells them their cars, basically), and if he'd help get you a code. This won't get it to the same level as PP, but should be close.
Planning on making a trip there as soon as I can. Opened up communication with the dealer and they're calling me back today.

OP
OP
Jax_GT

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey @Ford Motor Company - how does expediting an order work when everything left is a priority 1... Am I SOL at this point??

OP
OP
Jax_GT

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well Ford CS swears it’s not showing up and my dealer swears it’s going to get fixed and be sold to me.

I’m done for today. I’ll deal with the GM later this week.

OP
OP
Jax_GT

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lmao now the 2023 GT starts at $69k when ours started at $62k. If we can’t get the 22 resolved that’s it’s for me. For what will end up being almost 80k out the door, we’ve lost our value proposition here and it’s been a good ride.

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
That's super frustrating. I'm sorry you're dealing with that.

OP
OP
Jax_GT

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reached out to the GM. Very responsive and working with Ford. I’m hopeful things will come together but I’ll hold off feeling better until I know.
I’m really hoping for a new order since I’m a little wary of taking possession of a car Ford says needs to be auctioned, even if fixed properly first.

I’m not a expert on this, but it really seems straightforward. Ford says expedite a new order so I don’t know why that just can’t be done asap. Plus then they get an extra allocation to sell for my original order. Seems win win to me.

OP
OP
Jax_GT

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: GM finally received the letter from Ford showing the damage. Not incredibly serious, but over $4000 in repairs so they had to report. We still have the opportunity to take delivery after they fix it. Nothing will be reported to carfax, etc. Dealer is just obligated to disclose to buyer and has the opportunity to refuse delivery (it's a Mach-e they'll take it if we don't).

Damage report shows that it was reviewed on the 18th... and we're just hearing about it now.

That being said, hopefully we'll get back on track soon!

pcpacker

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Wow, these things but get damaged in transport quite frequently from what I see on these forums. This sounds like worse than usual obviously. If I were in your shoes, I would take delivery and drive your brand new car as if nothing ever happened. A new order might be really hard to come by. The only thing that would change that for me is a ‘23 model year at your locked in price (and one of the first ones off the assembly line). If they would do that it would be tempting.

OP
OP
Jax_GT

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, these things but get damaged in transport quite frequently from what I see on these forums. This sounds like worse than usual obviously. If I were in your shoes, I would take delivery and drive your brand new car as if nothing ever happened. A new order might be really hard to come by. The only thing that would change that for me is a ‘23 model year at your locked in price (and one of the first ones off the assembly line). If they would do that it would be tempting.
I think you're right. I'm really leaning towards taking delivery and just enjoying it. As long as it's not reported anywhere for when we ultimately go to sell, then we're good.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Hoping everything turns out well for you. If it was me I'd take it too, maybe see if they will throw anything in for you for your troubles.

You'd be surprised how much cars get damaged not only in transit but before they leave the factory. As long as everything is done proper and it looks the part you'll love the car. The Carfax is probably the most important that it stays clear.
Sponsored