PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I have previously disabled this setting so the car doesn’t automatically turn off after 30 minutes if left unattended. However, we returned to the car after about 45 minutes and the vehicle was off. Fortunately the car was still cool enough for the dog. Then I noticed that the vehicle countdown timer somehow re-enabled itself the next time I started the car. Does disabling this setting only apply until the vehicle is turned off, then re-enables by default?
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Sounds to me like the case where it never saved - something that seems to span multiple settings.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I assume this is one of the settings that a lot of people have been reporting getting reverted back to defaults. Ford is supposed to be releasing an update in May to fix it.

Hapsdoggen

First Name
Mads Holm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang E-Mach RWD 98KW
Occupation
Car Body repair
Country flag
Any update to this or how to fix it?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I assume this is one of the settings that a lot of people have been reporting getting reverted back to defaults. Ford is supposed to be releasing an update in May to fix it.
Which May? ?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have previously disabled this setting so the car doesn’t automatically turn off after 30 minutes if left unattended. However, we returned to the car after about 45 minutes and the vehicle was off. Fortunately the car was still cool enough for the dog. Then I noticed that the vehicle countdown timer somehow re-enabled itself the next time I started the car. Does disabling this setting only apply until the vehicle is turned off, then re-enables by default?
this particular setting is one of several that does not 'stick', and will reset to default the next time you turn the vehicle off.

- auto-off timer = ON
- traction control = ON
- driver assist - emergency braking assist = ON
- driver assist - cross-traffic alert = ON
...there may be others, but these are the ones I've noticed. I find the cross-traffic alert particularly annoying and more distracting than helpful when it beeps and flashes after I've already seen a situation. I wish it would stay OFF.