Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So the Technology Connections channel on Youtube is a fun mishmatch of new and old tech, and he's also an EV guy. He recently posted this video, demonstrating using his Hyundai to power most of his house for 24 hours.

Can the Mach-E do something like this? I realize it's not a built-in feature but is there a hack or workaround that could work? I suppose an inverter on the low voltage battery might suffice, but his Hyundai has a whole 15 amps available.

I know the Lightning has it's fancy schmancy reverse charging and gigantic battery, but do us humble pony owners have anything?
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So the Technology Connections channel on Youtube is a fun mishmatch of new and old tech, and he's also an EV guy. He recently posted this video, demonstrating using his Hyundai to power most of his house for 24 hours.

Can the Mach-E do something like this? I realize it's not a built-in feature but is there a hack or workaround that could work? I suppose an inverter on the low voltage battery might suffice, but his Hyundai has a whole 15 amps available.

I know the Lightning has it's fancy schmancy reverse charging and gigantic battery, but do us humble pony owners have anything?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-power-from-lvb-connection-points.7317/unread

OP
OP

Phrozen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Oh hell yes, exactly what I needed to read. Thanks!!!
Sponsored