VIN assignments

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Brakes.... hahahaha. I never use my brake pads.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There are dealers that are actually resentful of the MME and the requirements for dealers to sell the vehicle. They resent the lack of holdback, they resent the modest infrastructure improvements they need to make, they resent limited volume and mostly they resent the somewhat online ordering system. It’s not surprising to me that there’s a lack of interest on their part.

And Ford is hardly unique here. The dealership system is an anachronism. It’s not even needed by old farts like me. Ford is correct in taking steps to morph the buying process into something that works.
Perhaps the Cadillac model is in order here?
Don't want to move into the future with Ford? You don't have to be a dealer any longer.

OP
OP

inshimbi

First Name
Mwaba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The collection of morons that end up working at a typical auto dealer never ceases to amaze me. How is it possible that two of the sales managers know nothing about one of the most hyped vehicles in the ford lineup (after Bronco and the new F150)...it is their job to know this stuff.
I was so shocked too. Like how can you report to work everyday and be that clueless about something your company is doing?

smart185

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Occupation
retraité
Country flag
Seems to me that EV are like cell phones in 1990: expensives and to be improved. A very few buyers were buying them for a certain period of time; then, it strats selling at a high rate. It tooks some time to reach everyone.
But, in th 2000, it has reach a high volume; today everybody has one and it is something that «you can't leave without it».
Ça me rapelle 1990 lorsque les téléphones cellulaires étaient chers et moins performants. Seulement quelques personnes en achetait. Ça a pris une certaine période pour que le monde en achète en masse.
Mais, dans les années 2000, il y a eu un volume important de vente si bien qu'aujourd'hui personne ne peut vivre sans son cell.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag