phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Was shopping for some food stuffs yesterday at a small mall in NJ.....figured I'd plug in as there were a few open Voltas.....one didn't start a charge so I tried another, it worked......after about 15 minuets, a truck from Texas pulled into the non working charger and began to work on it.....talked to the workman and he said 2 repairmen came up from Texas, to NJ/NY......they are updating all Volta chargers.....they should be faster, more efficient, provide more estimated mileage.......I wonder if Volta becoming part of Shell has anything to do with the upgrade......either way
I'll take it......btw he said those chargers had not been serviced or upgraded in at least 4 years....

nice to see some servicing going on w/free chargers
Sponsored

Last edited:

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
The Volta location closest to me has been serviced many times. So strange that not all locations get treated the same.

If you see an issue do you report it using the app?

I have found the j1772 plug damaged, reported it using the app, and less than a week later the station is back online.

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
By the way for you New Englanders if you are heading up to N NH the outlets in Tilton NH have Volta's, a few high speed chargers. This location is the furthest north non Tesla charging station in the state. Useful if you are heading into the White Mountains. Nice outlets and clean bathrooms too. Not bad for free charging.

david_quick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Al of the local ones here now say Shell Recharge. Dont know if that is just branding or if they were swapped out.

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
Was shopping for some food stuffs yesterday at a small mall in NJ.....figured I'd plug in as there were a few open Voltas.....one didn't start a charge so I tried another, it worked......after about 15 minuets, a truck from Texas pulled into the non working charger and began to work on it.....talked to the workman and he said 2 repairmen came up from Texas, to NJ/NY......they are updating all Volta chargers.....they should be faster, more efficient, provide more estimated mileage.......I wonder if Volta becoming part of Shell has anything to do with the upgrade......either way
I'll take it......btw he said those chargers had not been serviced or upgraded in at least 4 years....

Many Volta near me in Seattle are a simple level2 and are free. Never had issues except finding one available. Gotta love free. But is it? One is in front of Nordstrom and that can be $$ 😂

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Have a few level 3 near me and aside from the one that charges they are all broken. Level 2 work for the most part if you can get one. Problem with free charging. Everyone abuses

Mr Beans

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium SR RWD
Occupation
Sales

That’s great news. The Volta fast charger at the Commons in Holmdel gives you 30 min free but is ~50 kWh. Hopefully that will get a bit faster!

OP
OP

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That’s great news. The Volta fast charger at the Commons in Holmdel gives you 30 min free but is ~50 kWh. Hopefully that will get a bit faster!
The level 2s at the Paramus Pk. Mall and the Bergen Cty zoo/park are free and ask you to limit to 2 hrs.......I'm never there 2 hrs, but I assume some abuse this self monitored limit......

there are 4 free at the Bergen Cty Park in Leonia/Ridgefield Pk section, also 2 hrs limit......

I see no problem taking advantage of these free charges, especially if
you are shopping at the mall or visiting the park system......that's why they
put the chargers there in the first place.......better for them to be used than to sit there with no one using them......
Sponsored