Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
WeatherTech liners are way to slippery. I had them for my Grand Cherokee and the cargo liner was terrible. Everything slides all over. The Ford mats are more rubbery and grip better. I doubt I'll get Weathertech again. @HuntingPudel said it himself. They need to be dirty for them to actually work right. That all e shows that it's not a good product.
I prefer the more rubber-like mats for the same reason. We ordered Weather Tech for our Raptor when it was brand new and ended us returning them as the Ford branded ones are much better for us.
Sponsored

Weapon X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
I prefer the more rubber-like mats for the same reason. We ordered Weather Tech for our Raptor when it was brand new and ended us returning them as the Ford branded ones are much better for us.
I don't understand why this company thinks that slippery floor mats are a good idea. Especially the cargo mat.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I don't understand why this company thinks that slippery floor mats are a good idea. Especially the cargo mat.
A lot of people prefer the look and the fit. I prefer to not have groceries slide around. Of course, there are solutions to that as well. It can be specific to the vehicle though too, I have Weather Tech, front and back, in my Tacoma.

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
I've bought the Ford OE mats for every Ford, Lincoln and Mercury I've owned over the last couple of decades. They always fit perfectly, are heavy duty thick rubber and have the car model name and graphics molded in for extra bling factor. No third party advertising. You can do a web search of the Ford part number. Usually plenty of dealers or flea Bay have them for under MSRP.
I got lucky with this MME though. The all weather mats weren't listed on the window sticker but they were in the cargo area when I bought it, so free to me!

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
anyone have a guess as to quality when compared to Ford's version.......if I remember correctly the Ford version is more money.......I know no one has a pair from both Ford and WeatherTech but any guesses, which one would you buy....thanks
I've seen both in real life but for other vehicles. All the weather tech I've seen are thinner and not as rubbery as the Ford OEM, more slippery as well, personal preference I think. Weather tech design appears it would be better at controlling large amounts of liquid (melted snow, spilled Boba or whatever).

lucy

First Name
lucy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Series 1, formerly Model S 90D
Country flag
agree with most commenters, like WT liners for underfoot but will probably use Ford or another brand for cargo, had WT cargo in my Tesla and stuff slid around like crazy. Currently using a denim/wool quilt in the cargo area, might just bungee it down and call it good...

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Well now that I've had them for a couple of weeks:

I've hauled a bunch of stuff in the back on top of the cargo liner. From groceries to plants to tools. Not much has slid around. Pehaps WT changed their formula (the one we have in my wife's Escape seems to be a little more slippery than the one in the Mach-E--the Escape one is also tan instead of black).

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I'll wait for the husky liners. The sill edge seems too low for our winters

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I'll wait for the husky liners. The sill edge seems too low for our winters
Are they making some? When I looked at the Husky website I didn't see anything.

I had a set of Husky's in one of our pickups a while ago. I don't really notice much of a difference between them and the WT ones.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Are they making some? When I looked at the Husky website I didn't see anything.

I had a set of Husky's in one of our pickups a while ago. I don't really notice much of a difference between them and the WT ones.
I don't know but they make quite a few, and I find they don't stain like like the WT

rbott

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I know that the WeatherTech cargo mat can only be used when the cargo floor is in the upper position, but what about the Ford cargo mat? Can that be used with the floor in the lower position as well?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I know that the WeatherTech cargo mat can only be used when the cargo floor is in the upper position, but what about the Ford cargo mat? Can that be used with the floor in the lower position as well?
Ford's cargo liner is meant for lower position only. (Opposite of this Weather tech one.)

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The ford floor mat does 'work' in the upper position.
Sponsored