Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Mach e ordered
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Does anyone know if their is a posted weight limit for in the trunk ? I had to return some tile over the weekend and when I got their the supports for the cover in trunk had broken. I had 4 cases of tile, and did not even think their would be a weight issue but obviously there was.
I cant seem to find the part online to replace it
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Does anyone know if their is a posted weight limit for in the trunk ? I had to return some tile over the weekend and when I got their the supports for the cover in trunk had broken. I had 4 cases of tile, and did not even think their would be a weight issue but obviously there was.
See the load carrying capacity for the vehicle as described in the manual:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Weight Limit in Trunk Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 12.02.51 PM

Payload capacity will vary depending on your model.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I know the floor of the trunk is adjustable and has two levels. Perhaps the lower setting has more of the floor actually in contact with the metal below that floor? If more of the adjustable floor is resting on the below surface, that should increase its load carrying capacity some, but no idea how much weight is too much before that adjustable floor gives way.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
They don't make em like they used to....

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
My Premuim AWD SR shows 400kg or 883 lbs.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
See the load carrying capacity for the vehicle as described in the manual:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Weight Limit in Trunk Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 12.02.51 PM

Payload capacity will vary depending on your model.
Surely that's just the permissible weight, I doubt that would correlate with the loading capacity of the false floor.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I'm sure there is not. The weight required to damage the trunk cover/floor would necessarily depend on shape and distribution. For something like this, we are limited to feeling and judgment. There is no number.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Surely that's just the permissible weight, I doubt that would correlate with the loading capacity of the false floor.
Good point.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Just to make sure because I'm curious too, you had the rear floor in the higher position (flat load floor) and not the lower position, yes?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I've got the same question. I, too, have to pick up some floor tile. I think with the floor in the *lower* position it would have more support, as others have noted. I'm too nervous to do it :)

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My recommendation would be 150 lbs max with the cargo floor in the upper position, and 300 lbs max with the floor in the lower position.

If you have more than 300 lbs to haul then it should be distributed in the footwells and seats so as to not overload the rear axle or create a dangerous handling situation.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
On multiple occasions, I've carried 6 five gallon buckets of pea gravel in the trunk with the floor in the upper position - definitely over 300 lbs and there was no flexing at all in the false floor. I did have the rubber protection mat installed so that probably helped distribute the weight a little.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
On multiple occasions, I've carried 6 five gallon buckets of pea gravel in the trunk with the floor in the upper position - definitely over 300 lbs and there was no flexing at all in the false floor. I did have the rubber protection mat installed so that probably helped distribute the weight a little.
I also have carried over 300+ pounds in bricks, pavers, and wall stones, and recently realized I had the cover in the top position when I thought it was in the bottom position, because I'm dumb lol...

anyway no problems in handling, stance looked fine (meaning no concerning rear compression), etc. The official carry capacity (over 900 pounds in my case - see the label on the door frame) suggests this is fine... when properly distributed anyway, which I was doing for handling reasons if nothing else.

just don't try to carry four... husky adults ;)

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I also have carried over 300+ pounds in bricks, pavers, and wall stones, and recently realized I had the cover in the top position when I thought it was in the bottom position, because I'm dumb lol...

anyway no problems in handling, stance looked fine (meaning no concerning rear compression), etc. The official carry capacity (over 900 pounds in my case - see the label on the door frame) suggests this is fine... when properly distributed anyway, which I was doing for handling reasons if nothing else.

just don't try to carry four... husky adults ;)
As a "husky adult," I resemble that remark. :)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
since I had another such trip today, I took pictures. This is with 44 x 2-3/8 x 12 Retaining Wall Cap at Menards® (13 lb. [*] each, so 572 lb. [*] total) in the back, plus (unpictured) 2 x 60 lb. (*) bags of sand in the back seat. Note the suspension in the back - the gf's C-Max absolutely would absolutely not be happy with this, but it's not super noticeable here (it is noticeable):

Ford Mustang Mach-E Weight Limit in Trunk 20210731_174917

Ford Mustang Mach-E Weight Limit in Trunk 20210731_174955

(*) for those of you that don't use Freedom Units : 13 lb = 5.9 kg, 572 lb = 259.4 kg, 60 lb = 27.2 kg