Weird question I got yesterday

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Damn, that’s good. This is probably one of only a couple times I’ve had a weird negative reaction. We did trunk or treat at kids school last year, but WE did frunk or treat and everyone was so curious about the MME, I probably sold about 10 that night. Still waiting on those sales commission checks, Mr. Farley.
Still waiting for my commission on your car! Lol I helped Weikert Ford sell two cars and they still haven’t paid up!
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Pulled up to our Panda Express (what? I like the orange chicken) and some guy gets out of his Honda Civic R and asks me if my car is my first Mustang. I say “yeah”..

and then he says “it’s pretty interesting you picked the EV as your first Mustang”…. I just walked away. Probably the first weird encounter I’ve had, he definitely seemed triggered about it.

I should have said,“well, I was looking for an EV and this just happened to be a Mustang”

anyone else had weird questions like this?
I don’t know that I trust the opinion of a guy in a Civic type R.

We don’t like the same things.

If someone in a mullet and wife beater doesn’t like my clothes…….. that’s ok.

That Civic is fast, but damn it’s ugly!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Took a F-150L demo to Costco on Thursday, with an empty gas can in the frunk. Vehicle had dealer's advertising all over it, and "No Gas" in big letters. While waiting our turn, yahoo comes up and has me roll down the window to say "what, are you buying gas for the generator to charge this?" and then laughed. I said "no, gas for my lawnmower". Another couple thought it was cool, and asked if I had an electric lawnmower. I told them that I didn't because they lacked the range to mow my lawn, cost too much, and batteries didn't last enough years. They agreed, and said truck was cool. I told them we had a Mach-E and they gave thumbs up.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wow that woman was truly insane. I’m sure the cops would have loved that use of their time. I gladly would have waited to see how that played out.
The dead give away she was a tourist: HPD* won’t show up for a misdemeanor call, let alone a non crime call. If it’s not a felony they’re too busy most of the time.

* The other HPD, Hawaii Police Department

Last edited:

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Not so much a hater, but I had someone ask if it had auto stop start. She said she absolutely hated that feature in her ICE suv, and she was never going to buy another car with it again, ev or not.
I couldn’t even come up with a response.

Last edited:

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
The question I most often get is “that’s a mustang?” It comes mostly from curiosity but you never know. My response is to play it down with a “yeah, in name only” but it always opens the door to talking about how cool the car is. The next question they ask is “do you love it?”

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The next question they ask is “do you love it?
I get asked this almost weekly. Normally my response is "meh". But I would likely say "meh" to any EV that gets under 400mi in range and has 70k worth of plastic/pleather interior.

Last edited:

Haven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT 7-8-21, Flex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had a few people say it was not a Mustang and I tell them I could not put my bicycle in the back of a Mustang so I got this as it is much more functional. They usually warm up to asking about the vehicle.

I had one guy try to argue with me that climate change was fake assuming I bought an EV because it was electric. I told him I didn’t buy it for the environment but because it is fun, fast and very functional for what I need. Stopped a long discussion I think.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've had nothing but positive reactions. Tons of them. Well, except for one that still liked the car but just wished they hadn't put the Mustang name on it. But even they were mostly positive overall.

Even after a year and a half, I still get the random thumbs-up every week or two.

On of the more fun ones was last month when charging at at EA station on a road trip. A state patrol car pulled in right next to us, the officer got out and said "Is this your car"? First thought was "uh oh". After we said Yes he said "This is so cool looking! How do you like it? How far will it go?...". We chatted for 20 minutes. :cool:

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
I had one guy try to argue with me that climate change was fake assuming I bought an EV because it was electric. I told him I didn’t buy it for the environment but because it is fun, fast and very functional for what I need. Stopped a long discussion I think.
Tell 'em you're trying to do your part to end our reliance on foreign oil from those corrupt regimes in the Middle East. Hard for any red-blooded American to take exception to that.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I’ve had plenty of positive reactions and only one negative (“not a mustang” shouted at me in a parking lot). Over all I feel like I’m getting less reactions now than I did 6 months ago.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
I had a kid on halloween coming by. The parents said see they have the new Mustang. Then the kid said thats electric thats not a mustang. So I said, if you want candy you call it a Mustang.
Next time, show him the puddle light. See, it's a Mustang!

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I only had my cyber orange MMe for a day before a groundhog somehow made it into my garage and chewed through some wiring. Not knowing what had happened, the car wasn't going in neutral. I had three different towing companies try to get the car out. Not a single person realized it was a fully electric car. But they were all in awe once I explained to them what the car is. The good thing is that not many MmE in the area are getting towed. 🤣
Sponsored