First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Hey! I stumbled on this while searching online because I have a lag issue with my wireless CarPlay on a different car, a second or two when switching tracks or skipping sections of podcasts. Drives me crazy! Are you absolutely positive that it works when wired? For example if you were to turn on airplane mode would it work?
No, I'm not positive... I can't remember specifically trying that.

I've experienced the lag your describing. For me it's a lot longer than just a second sometimes. I'll try to skip ads in a podcast and it seems to be 5+ seconds behind at times.

But I've noticed that this is an issue with Android not sending the soup request to the app right away. It happens when Podcast Addict has been in the background for long enough that the device OS decides to tombstone it. Then when I request to skip ahead, I'm waiting for Android to decide to reload the app logic and to actually reload it.

So if I notice this happening while driving, my workaround is to bring up AA and load Podcast Addict to the foreground (bring up its UI).

My phone is getting a little old and doesn't have enough RAM for running lots of modern apps concurrently.
Sponsored