Weird Software behavior

destructicorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e AWD
Country flag
Curious if anyone else has experienced issues like this. My Mach-E has been acting just fine (besides PaaK issues) up until last week. The software has been behaving really weird. Every time I turn the car on there's a different quirk. Here's some stuff I've had happen:

• Radio won't turn off. The button in the volume nob doesn't work even turning the vehicle on/off and exiting it while powered off all don't work. I had to plug the car in and unplug it and that seemed to trigger the system to turn off.
  • Screen is in Dark and Light mode. I keep my screen in dark mode and the settings indicated as such. What I saw was the center screen in light mode but some widgets/buttons were in dark mode. (Turning the car on/off after it sat for a bit worked)
  • Car showed me I had 2 miles to my destination on dash indicator when I turned it on. No navigation was running (plugging in a real navigation route and disabling it returned things to normal)
  • Had a PaaK issue where after my car sat for three or four days my phone listed the care as needing to be activated, like when you first set things up. Turning the car/phone on/off several times didn't change anything. Grabbed the key fob to drive then after I got home and turned the car off everything went back to normal.
I'm a software engineer so I get sometimes software is hard but this just seems crazy. Every time I turn my car on it's like spinning a wheel to see what weird thing happens.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The only one I've seen in my car is the center screen occasionally switching to light mode. Its only happened a few times, and it always corrects itself the next time I drive.

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have never had any of the above issue and recommend you make an appointment with the dealer for software updates. That would make me nervous that something would go wrong where the car doesn’t start or unlock next.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Two (2) instances of Screen Crashing and now mine randomly turns Audio Off while driving.

Both hands on the top of the wheel, no buttons pushed, no talking/singing to the music, just a quiet cabin and all of a sudden, Audio Off appears...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Weird Software behavior IMG_2374

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select Comfort/Tech
Country flag
Any updates on this front? I just got my car last week and have had the random audio off while driving.

I've also had it where the radio seems to randomly turn on while parked. I assume I have the most recent update as I have blue cruise and a touch screen button to open the frunk, but I do not have a card on the bottom of the screen that shows my energy efficiency numbers yet.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
One time it turned up the speakers on full blast to some random high pitched tone on startup. Nothing would respond until I turned the car off. It really hurt my ears and kinda had me disorientated for a few seconds. It was like the car hit me with a concussion grenade or flashbang. It's never done that again, but scared the crap out of me then and was kinda embarrassing.
Sponsored