Well, Ford, the new "Distance To Empty" algorithm doesn't work . . .

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Why is it so hard to understand D to E? When you are fully charged, say 290 miles worth, yea you might get that if the road is flat, no wind, mild temps, and for sure no accessories on at all. Change any of those variables and bingo, fewer miles to travel. How about stopping to hitch up a loaded trailer and pull that behind you the rest of the way, the car isn't going to know before you left home that you were going to pick up a trailer midstream, now did it? Get my drift? Not so hard now right?
That’s how it used to work, and yes it was simple. In freezing temps, my DTE used to show about 200 miles and that’s what I could get in normal driving with no wind.
The new DTE shows 285 in freezing temps and the only way I can get anywhere near that is to get out and push.

No, it’s not hard at all. But it’s less useful than it was.
Sponsored

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I feel SO bad for Ford........Bwahahahaha.
The difference is that Tesla actually have a separate really accurate real time meter based on the last 15-30 miles driven. When I'm concern about making it, I use that instead of the simple GOM that always overestimate.

sparkout

First Name
Cliff O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well, you can always just plan on being 56% efficient with any EV. And even less if you have a heavy foot or use all the heating accessories. Only gas engines can give you free heat.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
It seems like Ford can't win on this. Before it was people arguing how Tesla got better range in the winter because Tesla was lying about range, so Ford changed it to kinda do the same thing as Tesla but now people are complaining about that now.
This is why we get idiot lights instead of gauges (for things like charging rate and battery temp) in vehicles.
Sponsored