Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve had this car for two years. This is the first time this “126 mi” has appeared. I have checked all the Nav apps, including the in-car. It hasn’t changed in more than 100 miles of driving Whether I’m using a Nav app or not. Can someone tell me what it’s telling me?
Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s This? 20810FFF-AAE0-432B-BEED-1E01A6060630
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
You are winning the race! P1 !

Actually it means the car has a route to somewhere... if you go into the native nav an cancel it I'll bet it goes away... if that is not it, do an APIM reset.

OP
OP
blkadr08

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are winning the race! P1 !

Actually it means the car has a route to somewhere... if you go into the native nav an cancel it I'll bet it goes away... if that is not it, do an APIM reset.
Thanks. There are no active routes on any of the Navs. And it doesent change as I drive. How do an API, reset?

OP
OP
blkadr08

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Go to the navigation screen. Start a trip to anywhere. Then cancel routing.
That worked! You’d think, with 7 years of High School Computer Science, I’d have been able to figure this out. Thanks!

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
That worked! You’d think, with 7 years of High School Computer Science, I’d have been able to figure this out. Thanks!
My car loves to plot distances to fictional destinations. The best part is, it usually warns me that the route contains unimproved roads. Lately, it does it less frequently, but it does like to get into a weird mode where it wants to show me a navigation step but it's completely blank - this seems to happen when I turn off my car while still navigating in Apple Maps (usually because Maps wants me to drive further into the parking lot before ending navigation when I've already parked and turned the car off)

OP
OP
blkadr08

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car loves to plot distances to fictional destinations. The best part is, it usually warns me that the route contains unimproved roads. Lately, it does it less frequently, but it does like to get into a weird mode where it wants to show me a navigation step but it's completely blank - this seems to happen when I turn off my car while still navigating in Apple Maps (usually because Maps wants me to drive further into the parking lot before ending navigation when I've already parked and turned the car off)
Interesting. Those of us who live in California actually have a sticker we put on the display that says “Unimproved Roads”. Saves computing time.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Those were 7 of the best years of your life, I'd imagine! Most people drop out of high school after 4 years and they've missed out on 42.9% of the fun you had.

For future reference, to restart sync you can hold the steering wheel controls for volume down and next track for about five seconds (until the center screen goes black). Not sure it would have solved your problem though, and it could introduce more things.

CAL465

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
LOL! so true!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My dad used to joke that 5th grade was the best 3 years of his life...

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
My dad used to joke that 5th grade was the best 3 years of his life...
I finished a jigsaw puzzle the other day that made me really happy - only took me 2 months, even though the box said 3-6 years.

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
OH! That's why I get this too. Will make sure to end route before shutting off.

Seriously the number of bugs we have identified and actually created the steps to reproduce on this forum - we should be ford engineers. Heck - give us access to their JIRA lol.

OP
OP
blkadr08

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not to keep beating this dead horse, but I watched a YouTube a day or so ago wherein the host, who owned one, was going over the setting up of a new Tesla for the new owner. I was impressed By just how quickly and flawlessly the car reacted to his input. Ford still has a way to go.
Sponsored