Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
On Sunday I applied Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating. When I got the car in March 22 I had PPF applied to the front of the car but was not willing to pay for professionally applied ceramic. So I watched many tests and reviews of products and settled on the Meguiar's. I don't think it's very well known, but performs very well for the price in tests and is easy to apply. It is supposed to last a year.

This is where I found the biggest challenge of DIY coating - finding the right day and place to do it. It has to be around 70 degrees, not too humid, no direct sunlight, obviously no rain, no leaves or pollen falling on your car. This makes it very hard to find the right conditions without a nice temperature controlled detailing garage. So finally, 14 months of owning the car, I set out to apply the coating.

Steps:
  1. Washed with foam cannon and Chemical Guys Mr. Pink. Rinse.
  2. Apply Turtle Wax wheel cleaner and iron remover. Rinse.
  3. Dry with microfiber and leaf blower for nooks and crannies
  4. I was doing these steps outside, mostly in the shade but tree material kept falling on the car so I moved inside. It's very tight in my garage so this made it much more challenging.
  5. Clay bar with Chemical Guys clay and lubricant. Wipe with microfiber.
  6. Hand polished in spots with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish. Very little came off with either the iron remover or clay bar and there were only a few spots with fine scratches that needed correction.
  7. Used the M122 surface prep that comes with the hybrid paint coating kit. Spray on, let it dwell 1 minute then wipe off with microfiber.
  8. Applied the hybrid paint coating. This is quite easy. It comes in an aerosol can and comes with applicator pad and microfiber towels. Spray 3 seconds onto the applicator. Apply to a 2' x 2' area with cross hatch overlapping passes. Complete an entire panel and then wipe off with microfiber in circular motion. Finally wipe with dry microfiber.
This is my first coating and the slickness to touch is amazing. We'll see how long it lasts. I also have a few spray ceramics including Tuttle Wax and Meguiar's which should extend the life. Also, there is enough for 2-3 vehicles and since it's aerosol it won't dry or harden up.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
On Sunday I applied Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating...
I think you're going to be really impressed with it. I used it on my neighbor's vehicle and mother in laws close to 2 years ago and they are still beading reasonably well.

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XYPS3PS and in between I use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XYQZ493 First time I used it on my windows as well. Didn't like that it left a little sheen which was visible when the sun hit it at just the right angle. Don't use it on windows any longer, but it works great on the body, lights, moldings, etc.
Easy to apply.
I use and like the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic solutions too. I use the Ceramic spray on my windows without any problems, but I also use the Turtle Wax Microfiber Glass towels to wipe them down.

Turtle Wax 3pk Microfiber Glass Towels

EVCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium RWD Std, Cyber Orange
Occupation
(No longer "MachNCheese"! Long live "EVCheese".)
Country flag
I have found success with Griot's Ceramaic Speed Shine on the body and wheels. I apply a couple of coats and lightly buff with a microfiber towel.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What ceramic coating do you use? IMG_0507

Mach-DB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XYPS3PS and in between I use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XYQZ493 First time I used it on my windows as well. Didn't like that it left a little sheen which was visible when the sun hit it at just the right angle. Don't use it on windows any longer, but it works great on the body, lights, moldings, etc.
Easy to apply.
I agree 100%. I bought and used it based upon this review: