Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The LIM button allows to set manually a speed limit selecting SET+ or SET- and the car will not exceed that speed even pushing the pedal. It is useful in residential areas or on roads with no signs.
It is different from the Intelligent Speed Limit selectable with the Advanced Cruise Control. It is standard on European MMEs.
What if you NEED to accelerate?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Supposedly, the European version (quick clear) isnā€™t currently legal in the United States as itā€™s actually an imbedded grid in the windshield and US regulations prohibit windshields that have anything that could obscure the driverā€™s vision.
Interesting. The NTHSA and the FAA should communicate or something. Airliner windshields are multilayered with a thin gold foil in the middle. The foil provides heat and that heat not only give the window some high speed impact resistance (think birds), it also rather adeptly defrosts and removes ice. Of course itā€™s not like pilots have to see outside or anything. :rolleyes:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Interesting. The NTHSA and the FAA should communicate or something. Airliner windshields are multilayered with a thin gold foil in the middle. The foil provides heat and that heat not only give the window some high speed impact resistance (think birds), it also rather adeptly defrosts and removes ice. Of course itā€™s not like pilots have to see outside or anything. :rolleyes:
Actually, that ā€œthin gold foilā€ was what the original Mark IV used in its insta clear windshield.
And arenā€™t you supposed to be kicking back, reading magazines or watching movies while the auto-pilot does all the ā€œrealā€ work? šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€ (ok, Iā€™ll go back to 38E now, sandwiched between two POS with weak kidneys šŸ˜€)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Isn't that what IFR is for? ;)
I didnā€™t do clouds. Too scary. :p

Iā€™ll go back to 38E now
Three words of advice on economy seating: Emergency Exit Row. More leg room.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d take seat assignment advice from a guy who flew freight though (Cows pay more).

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I didnā€™t do clouds. Too scary. :p

Three words of advice on economy seating: Emergency Exit Row. More leg room.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d take seat assignment advice from a guy who flew freight though (Cows pay more).
I LOVE clouds. When I was a little kid and the aircraft would just break though, Iā€™d imagine I could go outside and walk among them.
I try to avoid economy seating when possible šŸ˜€